Chapter Fifteen

DEDICATED TO : @gehssiie
You make my day.
Here's to you :-)
So.......

Please Vote and Comment.

My phone lit up again as Alec's call rang through. I denied it just as a call rang through the room. We were at the police station downtown where the officers were working with guys from Gabby's office. Victoria is among them and I've never seen her this intense. No wonder that's why she's so good at her job.

"Ma'am? It's Gwen. She asks to speak to you." The officer who picked up the call says to me and the room goes silent.

They put me on speaker as I take the receiver from his hand.

"Gwen? Are you there?"

"Reece! Oh my God it's so good to hear your voice." She sobs through.

"Sweetie? Calm down. It's good to hear yours too. Are you okay? Where's Gabby and Lucca?"

"I'm fine. She uum..... She went back for him."

"What do you mean went back for him?"

"He..... He... Oh God..... I shouldn't have let her go... I... ".

"Gwen, calm down. What happened? "

"He wanted Lucca in my place. Gabby took me and left but she chose to go back for him. She uum...... She left me with her phone told me to call Paul and give him the address. That you guys would come for me."

"Okay Gwen. Send us the address now. Well be right there."

"Please hurry." she said before hanging up and sending us the address.

After the head officer gave his orders, Vincent and I were hurried out to the waiting cars. Vincent held my hand the whole way, more for his comfort than mine. I squeezed it as a reassurance that she is okay.

We were stuck in our own heads, biting our lips in anticipation that we barely noticed that we'd reached her, where she sat on the side of the road.

Vincent got to her first but let me hold her as I whispered comforting words into her ear while she sobbed in my arms.

"Hey hey. You're okay." Vincent cooed as a sob wracked her body.

She turned to him and nearly crawled into his arms. We sat there for a while till she calmed down. Vincent scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the car where he held her till we got to her apartment.

After making sure she was okay and that Vincent was okay looking after her I left to go help out in finding Gabby and Lucca. It was getting dark out when I arrived in the office and Victoria walked up to me. She paused, waiting for us to finally be alone. Her eyes then narrowed in on me.

"What is going on with my brother and Gwen?"

"I don't know and even if I did... " I said looking her right in the eye, letting her know she's not intimidating me in anyway. "I'm not the one to tell you."

Her eyes softened, she searched my face and I pushed past her, saying. "If that's all, we've still got to things to do."

"Reece." She called and waited till I turned back towards her. "Are you okay?"

She was concerned. I'm not surprised. I've never been known to be so bold.

"I'm fine." I said then turned and walked away.

It was dark out by the time the team that had gone to the warehouse reported what they found.

Gabby and Lucca were in an ambulance headed for the hospital. Some guys had been left behind to clean up the mess and gather evidence needed for statement recording. Carter Johnson was reported dead.

After confirming which hospital they were headed to Victoria and I left after calling Vincent and Gwen.

"Lucca Giovanni?" Victoria inquired at the nurse's station.

After a few clicks on her computer, she spoke. "He's still in the emergency room. His wife is in private wing room 114."

"His wife?" I asked not quite sure if she meant Gabby. Their last names were alike.......

"Uuh yes...... A Gabrielle Giovanni. She passed out sometime ago after her husband was rushed in. You can see her but she needs to rest."

"Thank you." Victoria said not at all surprised at the title given Gabby.

There was more to the story than I knew about but with Victoria's standoffish demeanor I didn't bother asking.

Victoria got to her room first but stopped short at the doorway, her murderous gaze on a beautiful girl around my age standing next to Gabby's sleeping form. She had Gabby's hand in hers and has only pulled away her face from Gabby's face upon our entrance.

"Alda. What do you think you're doing here?"

"I mean her no harm Victoria." She defended before turning away from her and towards me. "You're either Gwen or Reece."

"I'm Reece."

"Ah yes, no wonder you look familiar. Would you be so kind as to watch her?" She asked as she stroked Gabby's face. "Victoria and I  need to talk."

She was now looking Victoria right in the eye. She walked towards the door and with a smile to me they walked out.

I walked over to Gabby's side taking her hand in mine, I whispered in her ear. "You really scared us, you know and you have a lot of explaining to do. Please wake up."

She stirred and I pulled away just as Gwen walked in. She rushed to my side and I hugged her.

"What happened?" She asked as she pulled away.

"The nurse said she fainted after coming in with Lucca. She's fine she just needs to rest." I said and I saw her physically relax but not entirely. "What's wrong?"

She opened her mouth to speak just as the door swang open again. Vincent stood at the door and simply from the tension that descended upon us I could tell they'd had a fight.