Chapter Thirteen.

Please Vote and Comment.

"Reece? Reece!" I snapped out of my thoughts when Athena called. She sighed.

"I'm sorry. What were you saying?" I asked biting my lip.

She nodded beside me. "Alec's here." And that's when I saw him squatting beside me, a worried look on his face.

I'm so sure my face brightened as a smile spread across my face and he gave back a small smile. He reached out and caressed my cheek causing me to lean into his touch.

"Have you eaten?" He asked and I shook my head. He sighed.

He stood to his feet and pulled me up with him. He began pulling me towards the kitchen and only then did my eyes leave his face.

"She already left love." He said when he noticed my search for Athena.

I turned back to him and found him watching me wearily. He tugged at my hand pulling me closer to him. His hands slipped around my waist, his eyes on mine before they slid down to my lips. He bit his and my eyes flickered to them.

He crushed his lips to mine and something fluttered in my chest. He pulled me flush against him and I could feel every muscle. He bit my lower lip and I gasped, he slipped his tongue in, teasing mine.

I felt myself bloom in his arms and I clenched his shirt pulling him even closer to him ignoring the fact that there wasn't much space between us to begin with.

We pulled away for breath, his forehead on mine, chests heaving, breathing fast.

"Come on. You need to eat." He said as he pulled away, his gaze not leaving my face.

                               ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We had just had dinner and I had taken a shower, the time and water letting me cool down from the kiss earlier. My reaction to Alec's arrival and the heated kiss we shared earlier had me thinking hard.

"What's wrong?" Alec asked calling me to his presence. He was fresh from the shower, dressed in a T-shirt and sweat pants, a towel in hand drying his hair.

I looked away, fiddling with my fingers. I heard him drop the towel at the foot of the bed before the bed dipped to my right. He sat up, his back resting on the headboard. His hand reached out for me and I climbed onto his lap.

We sat in silence for a while, he played with my hair, didn't push to know what was eating me up as if knowing I needed a moment to collect myself.

"He was my high school crush. I was beyond geeky at the time. I had big glasses, braces, my clothes drab and drapes. I was....... I am nothing special." He seemed to want to counter what I'd said but he stayed silent, understanding I needed to say this. "My sister and I were apprentices to my parents. My father wanted a son to run his business but he got twin daughters and as the firstborn I became his apprentice. I was always busy adding to my social inability around my peers, my shyness not aiding the situation."

I sighed and his hand found mine in a comforting hold.

"He started something between us in high school, I'm not sure what to call it. It was hardly a friendship but there wasn't much to it to make it a relationship. He used to spend a lot of time with my sister from before, guess I should have seen it coming."

He nuzzled his nose behind my ear and I almost lost my train of thought. I whimpered before I bit my lip and grasped around for the next words.

"He showed up at my parents' memorial, he needs help with his company. His dad and mine were close friends before so I was ready to help in anyway I could. I guess I thought more would come of it. With time, I did my research and made my decision. I was on my way home, to see my sister about her company's finances before I delivered the message to Justin and his dad. I found them in my sister's bed."

A moan escaped my lips as he'd moved from nuzzling to full out kissing my neck. His hands got to work moving me till I was straddling him.

I was in fitted shorts and a baggy T-shirt, his hands lighting fire on my thighs. He pulled away from my neck and crashed his lips to mine.

He tugged at my T-shirt, his lips leaving mine only as he pulled it over my head. I went to hide myself but he halted my action. He pulled my hands away from body. I couldn't bare to look at him, to see what he thought of me.

His hand found my chin and he had me look him in the eye.  "Beautiful." He mused. I smiled shyly at him, heat crawling up my neck, up to my cheeks.

I moved to tug at his T-shirt but he stopped me. He held me to him as he shifted our positions and had me lying on my back with him hovering above me. He pulled off his T-shirt and my hands instinctively reached for the newly exposed skin.

I looked up in time to see him gulp, his hooded gaze watching my hands heatedly. He leaned down and kissed me. When he pulled away I was breathless, until he spoke.

"I know you're used to taking care of things and people around you. You run your father's company, you've taken care of your friend Gwen since you met in college, you've taken care of your sister since your parents died and even handle her company's finances. I know you're used to taking care of others but I need you to let me take care of you now. Lemme take care of you, Reece Hale." He said looking me right in the eye, his hand caressing my cheek.

I couldn't help it, I kissed him and gave him exactly what he wanted. At least for tonight.