HICCUP TWO

T W O  :  C H I C K E N
First Person, Louis Tomlinson
Four days since the start.

In the beginning of the week, I've avoided Harry and Zayn but I realized I can't do that forever. Truthfully, I don't hate either of them. It's obvious that I love Harry, and Zayn, Liam and Niall. Not superficial love but enough to care about them very much and it's like I want them in my life forever.

I see Harry getting out of Zayn's car and I mentally release bile out my mouth. I loathe seeing them together but it's nothing I can change. I lean against the pole waiting for Harry's arrival. He walks just as slow as he talks.

"Hey Louis! So, what are doing today?" Harry chirps and though I want to snuggle against him, I remain silent, hoping he understands our distance. One project together will not let me expose myself. I need to keep my own personal distance to avoid these feelings that may just expose themselves.

"Louis can you talk to me? Do you not know how to reciprocate the words that are coming out of my mouth? Do you need me to buy you some cotton swabs?" Harry pesters me with a shove to the chest.

"Geez, Haz I'm fine!" I cease, freezing into place considering I've just called him a nickname that I've only imagined, the name has never existed, only in my head.

"What's a Haz?" Harry says with an innocent face that I could absolutely gobble up. Once again, gobble? A preposterous word to explain my situation, just like how I'll have to explain what the hell a Haz is even.

I amble over to craft shop in hopes that Harry will settle down and abandon the stupid question and follow me instead. I hear his footsteps and grin. It doesn't last long though due to the fact that Harry's hand reaches for mine. "Is it a nickname for me? Because, I really like it."

"Uh, in the alphabet letter R is next to S and I was like Has? But that's a verb, the letter Z makes it seem cooler." I describe, feeling pathetic that I just admit I had a logical explanation behind this all.

"Sweet. So, if I'm Haz, you can be my uh─ let me think during our shopping." Harry perks swinging my hand that I forgot we're even intertwined in the first place. 

We get inside and I grab a cart. Harry pokes on my shoulder, "Can I push?" I roll my eyes, releasing my grip on the handle and stepping aside to allow Harry in full control of the shopping wheeler.

"You can follow me or frolic the fuck off." I advise, already moseying ahead of him. I glance above at the directory signs and find the section for paint. "Lou-Lou wait for me!" I hear my little Haz' voice. Damn it. The nickname hypnotized me into calling him mine.

I decrease my moderate walking until I see him strolling the cart right aside me. "You know. You're hard to read Lou-Lou. Somedays I'm sure you probably want to pin me down, and beat the girlyness out of me but other days I'm convinced you really appreciate my company." Harry confesses and from the side of my eye and can see he's been looking at me the whole my time, but I'm afraid if I do exchange eye contact with him, I'll want to pin him down. But not abuse him up. Well maybe kiss him, abuse those lips until they bruise, but that'll be the only type.

"I'm full of surprises." I say and leave it as that but Harry adds on, "Yeah. But with the other guys I can tell when you're being seriously mean or joking with them. But you like them. Why don't you like me?"

"Maybe one day you'll understand, Harry. But not now." I tell him but he gasps, swatting my chest, "So you really don't like me! You confirmed it!" Harry punches my arm again and I just hold my hands up in defense.

"Harry! Calm down! Like you said. Somedays I do more than most, some days I just hate you. Can't blame me, can you? And before you get all offended, here's a secret... It was never because of the way you chose to present yourself." I'm aware that Harry thinks I hate him for the way he dresses, but it's not even that one bit. I hate him for how confident he is for wearing different attire than most.