Chapter 1: Coming Back

Ivonne Pov:
Last week after I came from work my phone rang usually no one calls me because by time I get out of work its 1 in the morning but when i looked at the caller ID it had said Sam, I haven't spoken to her in 2 years ever since I left to come back home. I thought she would be mad at me for leaving her all alone but when I answered her call she sounded so happy to hear my voice, like it was the highlight of her day. As she was talking to me she asked if I can come back to Washington, she had good news to tell me and wanted to tell me in person. I was debating on whether if I should go or not but the way she was begging me to come I couldn't say no even if I tried, so I agreed which lead to Sam screaming in my ear out of excitement.

So now im here at the airport on October 29th, 2018 waiting for Sam to come pick me up. If it wasn't for Sam I would never be back here but since she is my best friend I couldn't let her down once again.

"IVYYYY"

Was all I heard from the from of the airport and by that scream I knew it was Sam, before I could turn around I was already trampled to the floor.

"Gawd Sam if you don't get your fat ass off of me" I said pushing Sam of me so that I was able to get up off the dirty floor and stopped getting stared at by the walking strangers passing by.

"Oh my god Ivy its been so long since I seen you, how have you been? You've changed so much, you even dyed your hair pink" Sam said within one whole breath. Sometimes I forget how slow and hyper she can be, its been so long.

"Sam my hair is still black, this is just weave that I need to take out Asap and I've been doing good, I got a nice job and a nice apartment back in maine" I said to her as we started walking towards the exit and to her car. Ive been so caught up in Sam that I didn't realize that John was also here with her, I haven't seen him since before I left.

"Hi John, nice seeing you again. Have you been treating my best friend right" I said to him but only for him to just look me up and down and turning into the driver seat. Rude. I looked at Sam to see if she can give me an explanation but she just looked down and shook her head letting me know not to ask not but she'll tell me later.

As we got back to the Apartments every single memory came back and hit me like a truck hitting a car. The worst part about it is when we came into the hallway and we seen him standing in front of the apartment door, I tried to avoid eye contact and to make myself less visible but its like he sensed my presence and kept staring at me.

"Hey Felix, what brings you here" Sam says to him before opening the apartment door allowing all of us to come it, even Him.

"I wanted to give you your mail, they mixed my mail and your mail together again." He said giving Sam her mail before leaving but not without looking at me for a moment.

This is going to be the longest month ever.