Go!

As the newest possible recruit to Team Instinct, I'm making my way to orientation in a hurry. The entire situation was unorthodox; but that's what sort of appealed to me in the first place. Whereas, all the other recruits usually got lumped together for group assessments, I was invited for a stand alone interview.

But since I was recovering from my night of celebration, the pep in my step had melted into more of a drag-yourself-out-of-bed-and-hope-for-the-best kind of tempo. Trying to break out of my anxiety of possibly having partied myself out of a job, I entered the elevator and rested my head on the cool steel wall. 

As the doors began to close, I shut my eyes and exhaled. At least I got here, right? I tried to reassure myself that this small accomplishment would somehow guarantee me this job. 

"I take it you're not a morning person either?" A voice ravaged by sleep interrupted my thoughts. 

I opened my eyes to see a blonde guy decked out in Team Instinct's yellow and black step towards me as the elevator doors shut behind him. His posture was slumped and his eyes seemed to be losing a battle to stay open.

He yawned, but continued to speak as he stepped to lean against the wall on my left. "I personally always hate mornings. Like why bother, ya know? Sure the Early Bird catches the Weedle; but you also miss out on some quality time with your bed. And I have heard that can do some stuff to a dude...But anyway, enough about me. What brings you here on such a...fine day?"

I watched as his blue eyes seemed to scan my whole body as he chose his words. I couldn't help but shake my head smiling. I focused my own (e/c) eyes on him and made sure not to waiver. "So...Aren't you taking the color coordination thing a little too far? I mean, don't get me wrong; its quite a handsome look for you, but a cute guy can only where so much black and yellow before he becomes a parody of a song from yester years..."

His eyes seemed to expand as his face showed a not so subtle sting. Hmm. So he's sexy and sensitive, then? I better not mess this up! Damage control now! 

"Don't worry, though. That's why I am here. Strictly to watch your back."

Winking at him seemed to instantly reinsert a cheesy grin onto his face, "Watch out back there, I am told I have a certain ability to Captivate. You could call it my Cute Charm." He grinned.

"I'll try my best; I may not be Oblivious but I will try to keep my Keen Eye on the mission here. I can't promise there won't be a little Rivalry though." 

And he makes puns! Future husband status right here.

His bright smile forced me to beam in return. The elevator stopped on my destination, but he was the first to move for the doors. Walking slowly away from me backwards, sure to never break eye contact, he set my skin ablaze. "I like a man who isn't afraid coming on too strong will Intimidate me. Don't create too much of an Uproar and I can lend you a Helping Hand around here. You Scratch my back, and I can always Return the favor. Now...as much as I would enjoy staying here and making puns, I have to Run away and get some work done. See you later, (y/n)."

"Bye...Wait! How did you know my name?" I watched him wink at me before turning on his heel and hurrying through the office halls. Just who was that guy?