Thunder Wave

6:15pm and the nerves are pulsating through me. Hard.  

Fixing my hair in the mirror for the umpteenth time, I realize I'm freaking out. Still have 45 minutes to meet Spark at the desired location

...

For our date.

Try not to fuck this up, (Y/N).

Taking a deep breathe, I grab my belongings and rush out the door.

                                                                  ***

"Would you like to order? Or are you still waiting for someone?" The waiter asked, filling up my glass of water while giving me the side eye.

I look at his name tag. 

Meeko? 

What kind of name is that? 

"He'll be here. No worries, he's always late." I tried to chuckle, the knot in my throat causing it to come out dry.

The waiter rose an eyebrow, "Trust me. I'm not worried..."

Meeko exhaled. His face softened after a moment. "Well...If-when-when he shows up just wave me down? I'll swoop by again in a little bit. Plus, I'm here all night." 

And with a small smile Meeko left the table. 

I sat alone, waiting even longer for Spark to show. 

Why does this feel like he's standing me up? He was the one who asked me out, wasn't he? Just my luck. I should've just said no. But what if he took away the job at Instinct? I...can't handle this. Maybe I should just leave?

I looked up to try and wave Meeko down for the check, when a panting blond mess sunk into the seat across from me. "Will a sorry do? Or have I fucked up royally?"

Seeing Spark all dressed up made a blush creep onto my cheeks, and I was suddenly relaxed. "Well, I've come to expect nothing less from you. Imagine a world where you actually showed up on time?! The universe would collapse upon itself."

Shaking his head and smiling, he began looking through the menu. "So what are we getting? I've kept you waiting long enough that, I'm sure, you've browsed the menu."

"I did. And if you didn't show in the end, I was gonna just eat my feelings. This restaurant carries my all-time favorite comfort food. So it would've been a good night regardless." I playfully jabbed at him.

"Ouch. Well, hopefully being here with me is better than dining alone. No matter what that comfort food is." Spark let a cocky smile play at his lips. 

"I don't know..." I smirked at this beauty across the table from me, "(Fav. Food) has a power over me. Enough of it is better than any man."  

"Well, fuck me sideways." Meeko blurted out, his face instantly registering what he had just said. "Um...I mean...Can I get you guys something to drink?" 

                                                                                       ***

Cheeks warm from a lot of laughter and a little bit of alcohol, I made my way out onto the sidewalk. As I'm about to put my hands in my pocket, I feel Spark's hand slither it's way into my own. 

"May I?" 

Before I can answer, static passed between us as soon as our skin made contact. I pulled my hand away for a moment. "As long as you promise not to do that again."

"What's my name, boy?" He raised an eyebrow. "You thought I didn't follow through?"

"You know, you're a lot sexier when you're making puns about Pokemon instead of yourself. The cocky look isn't a good one for you." 

"Harsh." He squeezes my hand. "Why did I ask you out again, (y/n)?"

"Couldn't tell you. But I'm glad that you did." I stop walking and turn to face him. 

"Oh yeah? Why is that?" He looked me in my eyes, only a little confusion showing.

"Call me Rash but-" I took a step toward him; committing to the swift kiss I was about to plant on him. 

As my foot made contact with the ground, my puckered lips broke into a grimace as I felt the rock slide under my foot.

Well, shit.

THUD!

I was on the ground with Spark underneath me. I looked down at him. "I'm so sorry. You okay?"

His laugh just rang out, echoing off of the empty city street. 

I pulled myself to my feet; offering my hand to him as he clenched his stomach, rolling around, laughing uncontrollably. "Spark...?"

"I'm sorry, (y/n). Just so you know I am never letting you live this down!" He accepted my help and wiped his eyes with his free hand. "I can't believe you just Tackled me. I know I'm irresistible, but damn!"

"Okay.." I dropped my hand when he was on his feet again. "I'm...I'm just gonna go." 

"Oh...Okay...See ya at work, (y/n)!" He stuck his hands in his pockets and walked back towards the diner. 

Sighing, I turned slowly away from him. 

Great. Guess no second date then.

Maybe it's time to get another job...

Maybe Valor is hirin-

"(Y/n)." Surprisingly strong hands grasped my shoulders and whirled me around in one swift motion.

My (e/c) scanned Spark's sapphires. His chest heaving, his mouth hikes up on one side-letting the smallest smirk escape. 

...Before mashing his lips against my own. 

His kiss starts out sloppy, rushed, before melting in sync with me. Passion soon takes over and in the moonlight I kissed Spark, fully expressing how I felt. 

"I was gonna regret it if I let you get away." Spark blushed before tenderly kissing me again. "How about we take this back to your place?"