Thundershock'd

I exit the elevator a little more awake, but also a lot more confused. I step out into the hallway. I took a minute to find my way to a sitting room-which is decorated in the signature gold and black. All the while I was thinking about the mystery guy. Who exactly was he? And why did he know my name? 

I shake my head and approach the secretary seated at the desk, with a Metapod chilling next her. "Excuse me. My name is (y/n). I'm here for an interview."

"Ah yes. I'll let the boss know you've arrived." She smiles as she reaches around the Metapod and picks up the phone. 

 As she dials and waits for an answer, I lightly pet the Metapod. It responds in kind by making happy noises, causing the secretary to smile wider before someone picked up on the other end. 

"Hey, boss man. You ready for (y/n) or...?" She giggles, "I know, I know. Alright, I'll let him know."

I look up from the cooing Metapod and meet the secretary's eyes, "He was running a little late this morning-like every other morning. But you're welcome to take a seat and I'll let you know when he's ready." 

I nod with a smile and start to back away. "Also, (y/n) feel free to let your Pokemon out. The boss is always comparing Pokeballs to prisons."  

As I sit down, I'm about to take the smiling secretary's advice and decide to let out my partner, when the phone behind the desk rang. 

"Yupp." She picked up the phone once more, "Wow. That's the shortest amount of time you've ever needed. Yeah, yeah. Very funny, boss man. I'll send him up."

She hangs up the phone and points to a door on her left. "Head through there, (y/n). Boss man is ready."

Stepping through the door, I am hit by a familiar smell...but I cannot place it. I've smelled it before, but I cannot remember where or when. 

I shake my head, focusing instead on the portraits hanging on the mustard-colored wall. The hall is brought to life with all the surprise photos of trainers all apart of Team Instinct. By the time I reach the door on the other end, I notice that I couldn't help but smile myself. 

Until I opened the door and instantly, the Confusion returned. 

"Hi again, (y/n)." The cutie from the elevator beamed, "My name is Spark. The leader of Team Instinct."