Chapter 34

Chapter 34:

Micah Grayson (June)

Stunned by Cassie's question Micah sucked his teeth while running his hand over his head. The truth was his anger was becoming vile and he found himself making the wall in his room a punching bag. He didn't want her to know that being here seemed to be taking a toll on him when it came to self control and dealing with his emotions.

"I been stressed out and punched a hole in wall. I'm good though." Micah said nonchalantly hoping that Cassie wouldn't worry about him.

The last thing he needed was for her to be on the outside stressing herself about his well being. He sent one hundred percent, but in her eyes he'd pretend to be.

"Aww my baby." Cassie cooed grabbing Micah's hand and kissing his bruised knuckles. "I don't like this for you Mic. I just want this to all be over so you can come home to me and the dogs and we can live happy and peacefully. Look at your eyes babe you look like you haven't slept in days."

"You know how I am. I'll sleep when I'm dead. I'm good though for real." Micah assured Cassie before kissing her forehead and pulling her body to his into a tight hug.

Knowing anything else she said would go in one ear and out the other Cassie took his word for it and dropped the conversation all together. She didn't want to stress him anymore, but she was definitely concerned.

After practically having to be pried away from Cassie's grasp by security once their visit was over, Micah was escorted to his room. While laying in his bed he tried to fight the thoughts in his head.

Every since Cassie told him what she'd done he couldn't help but to think it was his fault. He ruined everything he touched. Maybe his grandma was right about him.

As he laid there he thought about everything he'd done. He thought about the lives he'd taken and the people he'd hurt in the process. The hardest part was that he couldn't feel any remorse for his actions, and for that he didn't deserve to be here. He didn't deserve to have Cassie when he only brought her down. She deserved better than him. He was ruining her and he was scared that one day he'd possibly hurt her. He promised he wouldn't but sometimes a promise was the hardest thing to keep.

Tears still fell from his eyes as his chest heaved up and down. Adrenaline. He'd gotten rid of everybody who was a danger to him, but it was one person let that still harmed his well being. One person that threatened his life and his chance at a happy ending. One person who stood in between his promise to keep Cassie safe and protect her. One person that he couldn't control. The only person that now stood between Micah and his road to redemption was Micah.

He had to get rid of himself.

The voices would stop. The anger would stop. The hallucinations would stop. The killing would stop. The self hate would stop.

Wiping his face forcefully Micah raised up from the bed. Snatching the sheet from the bed he used his strength to rip it down the middle. Rolling one half up he he pulled out his desk chair before standing on it and wrapping the sheet around the water sprinkler in the ceiling. Making a tight knot around it he made sure his head would fit in the hole.

Once he was secure Micah took a deep breath. Looking around as the sheet was forced around his neck Micah saw all the people he'd killed standing around him awaiting his downfall.

"Do it! Do it you weird fuck."

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE MURDERER."