Chapter 43

Chapter 43:

Cassie Grayson

Heading over to Jess's house to see Micah after they were now somewhat on good terms, Cassie could feel Maddox pushing down on her bladder in the worst way. She was so ready to give birth that she was praying for the next three months to breeze by like clock work.

Pulling into Jess's driveway Cassie cut the engine on her car before grabbing her purse and rushing to the door. Whoever opened it wouldn't stand a chance as she was going to trample them on her race to the bathroom.

Beating on the door Cassie dialed Micah's number while ringing the doorbell like a mad woman. Rocking from side to side to keep from peeing on herself Cassie was relieved to see Micah's face as he opened the door for her.

Shoving her purse and keys into his hands Cassie held the bottom of her stomach while hurrying to the restroom. Once she finally relieved herself she was refreshed and ready to properly greet her man.

Micah still stood by the door where she left him holding a displeased look on his face causing Cassie to laugh.

"Hey babe." Cassie giggled wrapping her arms around his neck and pecking his lips repeatedly. "I missed you the last two nights." Cassie pouted.

"You the one ain't wanna let me in the house."

"Because I thought you was out here being trifling." Cassie admitted wiping her excess lipgloss from his lips as she spoke.

"What I tell you about wearing that shit?" Micah complained sucking his teeth not liking when she kissed him with her sticky lipgloss on.

Rolling her eyes Cassie let go of him. "You always in a grumpy mood. Where's my aunt? She'll be nice to me and she feeds me." Cassie sasses grabbing her purse from him with a slick eye roll.

As she walked off Micah watched her with a slight smirk playing on his lips. The baby weight had her looking plump in just the right places. He had to thank himself for what was walking away from. He'd blessed her game too good.

"Aunt Jess? Micah is being mean to me!" Cassie hollered making her way to the back of the home in search of Jess. "He wouldn't even-" Cassie started before she was cut off finally reaching the back patio.

"Surprise!" All of their friends and family shouted as Cassie looked around at the baby shower decorations in awe

She wasn't expecting anything like this so her emotions upon seeing it all were through the roof.

The backyard was decorated in a safari theme that included a mixture of animals along with animal prints and greenery. Maddox's name was written on just about everything and a congratulations Cassie and Micah banner hung on a nearby close line.

Still standing in the doorway Cassie felt hands wrap around her waist as she watched everyone coo at her reaction.

"Aww Cassie boo don't cry. You gone make me cry." Mya said wiping the corners of her eyes.