Chapter 41

Chapter 41:

Cassie Grayson 💍

It was Saturday afternoon and Cassie was trying to break the lock that Micah had put on the nursery door. He'd been working on it for the past month since they'd found out the sex of the baby. Unfortunately for Cassie she wasn't allowed inside the room until it was completed. And due to Micah knowing how nosy she was he made sure she couldn't get in while he was gone.

Standing near the door with a hammer and a butter knife Cassie couldn't help but laugh at herself while Blue watched her. It was always him who caught her doing crazy things. Asesina was usually under Micah and when he was gone she lounged around in boredom awaiting his return. She was the dog version of Cassie.

"Don't look at me like that Blue. You get to sit in on it while he does it. So technically you're a traitor. No treat for you today." Cassie huffed turning away from the door and leaving Blue standing in the hallway. Score he trailed behind her.

"Get away we're not friends." Cassie said fast walking toward the kitchen as Blue picked up his pace as well.

Finally reaching the kitchen Cassie stopped abruptly causing Blue to ram into the back of her legs. Laughing at how clumsy he was Cassie bent down as much as she could despite her pregnant belly and picked him up. If Micah had been there she would've got smacked for straining herself to grab him.

Blue had grown tremendously since Micah first got him and although he was still a puppy he was almost half the same size of Asesina now.

"I won't be able to hold you like this in a minute." Cassie said sadly while walking into the pantry and grabbing the doggy treats.

Hearing the sound of the bag Asesina came out of hiding dashing into the kitchen to get her treat.

"Gold digging ass dog." Cassie joked. "Only come around when you want something."

While she was tending to the dogs Cassie heard someone knock at the door ceasing her current actions. Walking over to the sink she washed her hands before drying them.

Looking out the peephole she saw Melody and forced a tight lip smile while opening the door.

"Hey, Micah's still at work. Did he tell you to come by and wait on him?" Cassie questioned opening the door a little for her so she could step in.

"He did." Melody said dryly brushing past Cassie and heading toward the living room.

"Well then make yourself at home why don't you." Cassie mumbled sarcastically going back into the kitchen to make a sandwich.

Since Melody had been around Cassie sensed much attitude from her but did her best to be cordial. She didn't know the little girl and she didn't want any problems with Micah's sister. She'd just came back into the picture so Cassie was putting her pride aside a brushing the smart remarks off. Of course Mel only did it when Micah wasn't around which pissed Cassie off more.

After making her tuna a pickle sandwich on an English muffin Cassie walked into the living room sitting in the recliner chair. Ignoring Melody's mug she picked up the remote and changed the channel.

"I was actually watching that." Melody scoffed.

Biting the inside of her cheek Cassie turned the tv back to ESPN and dropped the remote. "Sorry about that. Micah usually keeps it on there, but he don't even be watching it." Cassie laughed as Melody stayed quiet giving her a stale look.

Clearing her throat Cassie focused on her food. "Well then. Did you call Mic to see how far away he was?"

"Yes and he didn't answer."