IV

FOUR

After that night of Anya's disappearance, Lily went to each and every house of their neighborhood in search of her lost sister. She was distraught and was hanging onto the brim of her sanity and wanted to die. Her life without Anya meant nothing. It was that her elder sister that kept her on her feet and it was Anya because of whom the Frost family weakly clung to each other. Without her, Lily was and getting sure that she would breakdown; that she would breakdown and her hands might get to do very wrong things...

And as a couple of days passed and memories and jealousy-filled thoughts filled her mind, guilt snaked her throat and anger clouded her vision. She wanted to get hold of the culprit and squeeze his life out; second by second.

At first she suspected her father. Even though that old prick was wailing of Anya's name; Lily was somewhere sure that her father had to do something with it. She'd also decided to procure the matter to her own hands; the police was getting slow with it and she had least trust in Natalie's father.

She was also, nowhere to be found. Her dad lamented and answered Anya saying 'Natalie went to her aunt's. It was too much for her.' Lily wasn't a fool; therefore she knew how cleverly that old crook verbalized the situation as if they had nothing to do with it. And Lily was positively convinced that Natalie and her father were also a piece altogether.

Michael came and went, tried his best to comfort Lily. He took a few days of leave and proposed Lily a helping hand which she gladly took. At least someone was there who cared... She was happy and for a moment, a small piece of her graying heart was healing...

Neo stopped passing by and she was not really surprised, she did not trust him too. He basically vanished from her view and in the end his friendship went out of the window like everyone else's...

END OF FLASHBACKS

~○~

~Anonymous place and time~

The rubber of the plastic chair made squeaky noises as he sat on it. It leaned back while he stretched his arms in exhaustion, they popped and his left hand covered his mouth to suppress an annoying yawn; he was really tired.

Turning his wheeled chair around, he looked up at the ceiling and close his heavy eyes. The clock was ticking, and the ticking sound kept echoing in his head. He let out another tired yawn while lazily opened his left eye.

While rubbing his right sore eye, he noticed the time on his wall clock; it read 01:36 am. Cracking his neck, he stood up and inhaled deeply. A cold wind sent chills down his spine; he decreased the temperature of his air conditioner, making his dim study cooler. He kept the remote back into its place and slowing extended his arm to switch on his desk lamp, switching it on; the lamp laminated the dim room with a sick yellow light. After switching his lamp and setting his AC on max, he put the computer's power plug into its socket. He pushed on the power switch and the machine hummed to life, which similar blue light of his computer lit his flat screen and a pleasant welcoming tone tweeted through his pc's speakers.

Seeing his trusty machine welcome him with a pleasant desktop background, he plopped back in his chair with a small grin gracing his face. He dragged his wireless mouse over its greasy mouse pad, the cursor on the screen travelled upon icons as it at last rested on his mail box, he opened it to see his mails; nothing was there to do anyways...

He clicked the tiny inbox icon and a message popped up, squinting his eyes at the screen to comprehend the tiny ant-like words on the screen, brows furrowed and his tongue popped out at the corner of his lips in interest.

Indeed the words were startling, they said: 'Unknown Application Found. Do you want to take any action?'

'Yes/No'