SIXTEEN

'She's hurt.'

That enraged him.

Tank stared at her, lost. Those quirky talks, all gibberish and pointless things she said....still he just sat there... He sought her company.

"....and I was like hey! You can't do that?!Get me?" Tank nodded, pretending to agree. In reality, he didn't give two shit about what anyone else said.

He wanted to touch her face, just get her out of trouble or pain or all of this...

'Fuck....what is this feeling?'

His gravelly voice stuck in his throat.

He wanted her.

He always did.

Not that he was just a horny bastard, hell, he knew very well that women would throw themselves at him and it was not just a primal necessity....He'd been with women and never did he ever feel dominated, he always knew how to handle his woman. He knew the lewd passions of one-night stands, he could make a woman cry in joy and he didn't shy away from this fact. He enjoyed his share and was in no mood to change that any soon.

But,

This.

This.

She churned up some feelings that just made his thought process go haywire.

But he felt peaceful with her, such a conflicting feeling.
The most unladylike, anxiety-causing, troubesome girl he has ever encountered but still he wanted to protect this idiot. The moment he found her, her sorry face and erratic behaviour amused him... and she was beautiful in her own way.

And it was driving him crazy.

He didn't talk much, he's not that kinda guy, but at the moment he felt like answering to everything she asked. He wanted to say...

"Haha HAHA- she continued laughing and Tank noticed how battered her face was; one eye swollen to a slit, bruised at multiple places, braid in a constant mess, glasses all filthy and effortlessly useless and her lips were cut, a dark maroon dancing on the chipped surface which were plump and wet--

Tank looked away and gulped....

Without any question he bolted onto his feet and said-

"Anya, if you could excuse me..."

She glared at him and sat in a depressed manner, she was so into her amazing storytelling and it confused her.

'What's wrong with him?'
~•~
ANYA'S POV

I am tired. I'm tired but happy. Someone finally agreed to my hypothesis! He even nodded and shared his views, I had this feeling like I was born for this.

'Wait.' I quickly fished out my phone and scanned to find an unread message. This message had a string of codes and coordinates attached to it. I tried to remember about the previous suggestion which was anonymously sent; to keep these codes safe. I must keep these safe and nobody should know about these.I walked towards my designated room, mind still and numb.

'What am I missing?' I wondered.

It was no more raining... but through the windows, I could see the grey skies. A few zombies stumbled around in the battlefield, condemned to a life of doom. I wondered how fragile and cruel the world is...

As I walked I didn't notice and unconsciously slithered towards the ration room. I could hear some clattering noises in the Doctor's compartment. Curiosity got the best of me and in a weird slumber of tiredness and compliments to my unsuccessful advances to comprehend people's privacy I barged in—