Chapter 1

"Do you Danica Maya Roberts take this young man as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"Yes I do." I muttered, my heart pounding in my chest while I felt like crying my eyes out. I then heard him mutter his own "Yes I do".

" I now pronounce thee husband and wife." We didn't kiss, the weight of the ring on my finger felt alien and I hated it.

The sad thing is, I could see the stark disgust in his eyes. The first thing he asked his mother right there in my presence when I saw them that morning was "She's black? How come you never told me she's black? I don't do black girls mother...and you could have chosen a slimmer person not this."

Wow, I know. Racist much? Chubby hater much? It wasn't nice of him at all, and all his mother said was "It's for the business son. Deal with it."

Right there in my presence! Have some regards for my feelings please! I didn't ask for it, I didn't want it, I never even dreamt of it. It was just another bad meal life dished out to me and there was nothing I could do about it.

When everything was complete, his mother left first and then he followed. I watched his back disappear and I smoothed my hand down my gown. It was a simple gown that showed little to no cleavage. It was free and I liked it. I followed them and soon I was outside. My "husband" hadn't said a word to me since we met. Not one word. All I knew is that his name is Keith Edward and that he was from Australia (hence the accent) and he was 27 years old. He was tall, and his green eyes, uneven lips and black hair somehow made him into a thing of beauty. He was a heartbreaker, that much was obvious. 

"I don't have the time in the world to waste here waiting for you to crawl to the car." He said with annoyance in his voice. I walked faster and entered the car, sitting as far away as possible. He was disgusted by me, I didn't want to annoy him more by mistakenly touching him.

His first words to me. I joined him in the limo and sat at the far end of the car , giving him his space. When we got to the house, I wasn't surprised or amazed at what I saw. Another house that looked like it came out of an interior deco magazine, just like my parents'. He probably has maids that work there, just like my father. 

I followed him in like a lamb led to the slaughter because that was how I felt. I was surprised when I got in there and didn't see anybody bustling around the house because the master of the house just returned. There was no maid, no butler, nothing. Suddenly I was scared. I didn't know how to do anything. How was I supposed to do all the cleaning and cooking on my own?

"From the look on your face, I assume you understand the work already cut out for you. I don't like staying in a dirty environment. I don't like the idea of refrigerated food, so I expect you to make my meals everyday. I'm not having sex with you, so don't expect anything from me. This is an open marriage. I do have a girlfriend who i actually give a shit about. I dunno if you have anyone that gives a shit about you but just don't drag my name down whenever you do whatever you want to do. And PLEASE, don't show your cleavage around me. It's disgusting. Your room is the one down the hall. Do not ask me where I have been, what I have been up to, shit like that. Do not speak to me unless it is totally necessary. That will be all for now."

"I don't know how to cook." I said in a low voice.

"But you know how to eat like a cow." He replied and it felt like another knife was being slowly but steadily sliding into my heart. It hurt. I never did anything to deserve all the insults I got from people.

"I can't clean this place alone. Its too much, and just like you I have never done house chores in my life." I said almost pleading with him.

"Better learn then." He said and then walked out. I sighed. I knew what he was doing. I read the contract and saw a clause which said that if one party chickened out, the other will take all. If I left the marriage, everything my father worked for will go to my husband's family. I didn't want my father to hate me more than he already did. Another clause also said we could get a divorce whenever we wanted. BUT before then, we must have a child, preferably a son to take over.

I bit my lip so as not to cry but I failed. Those pathetic nerve wrecking sobs left my mouth. I was weak. I couldn't do anything to help my situation.