Chapter 24

Keith's POV

Taking a deep breath, I typed the message I wanted to send to Maya.

Hey.

Hello

Can we see?

I'm at work.

After work?

I'll be too tired to talk. I'm usually too tired nowadays to do anything except eat and go to bed.

I'd been trying to see her for almost a week but I kept getting the same replies from her. I'd gone to her father's house at night but the housekeeper told me that she'd gone to bed and said no one should disturb her. I assumed she did not want to see me and it was just so frustrating and understandable at the same time. I'd hurt her for so long and she'd finally gotten tired of bearing it. I hadn't known her true worth until she actually signed the papers and up and left when I wasn't around.

Just then, my mum barged into my office and I just sighed and leaned back in my chair before pressing my fingers against my eyes.

"Keith I do not know what you're high on but you will stop this madness right now."

I sighed before replying."I don't know you're talking about." I could feel the beginning of a headache and I didn't want to see her.

"Oh you damn well know what I'm talking about. Divorce? Didn't you read the contract? Do you not know the terms of the contract? Do you not know what the result of a divorce before the birth of a child is? I'll lose everything I've worked for." she screeched.

"I don't really care at the moment. It's not like I'll be out of a job." I replied, watching the veins I didn't even know she had in her neck pop out as her anger level increased.

"How can you be so selfish?"

"I learned from the very best." I drawled and watched her eyes widen before took a deep breath to calm herself and then plopped down into the couch.

"I may have been selfish when it comes to my relationship with other people but not with you Keith."

"Really? Why did you talk me into getting married even though you knew I didn't want to, all under the guise of business even though it was all a big revenge plan? I feel so fucking stupid. Why didn't it occur to me that you must have a reason for arranging a marriage between me and your ex's daughter? It wasn't for business. It was just to get your hands on Gunther's company."

"That may be true but everything I did, I did for us. For you, to make sure you won't want for nothing."

"No. You did it for yourself. You did it because you love having power. You did it because you're vengeful."

She just sighed and stood up to leave. "Put an end to this Keith. Meanwhile I'll talk to Maya and Gunther about this."

At that I rolled my eyes. "If you intend to bully Maya into anything it's not going to work. Besides she's signed the papers and moved out and you know Gunther will not spare you a glance. Give it up mother. You're the reason for your loss. Don't blame me for it. And please do not stress her out anymore than she is."