Chapter 2: Going Home

Fionna’s P.O.V…

“Uh, well it’s complicated.  I remember what things are like cups, chairs, and stuff, but not any other things.” I replied.
“So… you don’t remember me?” He asked.
I looked at him for a moment then slowly shook my head, and said “No.”
“Do you remember me, Fionna?”  The cat asked with tears forming in the corners of her eyes, “You’ve just got to remember me.”
“I’m sorry, but no, I don’t”
Dr. Icecream took a step towards the cat and the man in the pink and purple suit.  “Don’t worry, I doubt it’s permanent.  Most cases like this don’t last long.  All you have to do is jog her memory.”
“Yeah… Okay, Fionna let’s get started.” Said the man wearing the crown. “I’m Prince Gumball, Ruler of the Candy Kingdom, and this is your sister, Cake the cat.” He continued.
I didn’t know what to say to this, so I just kept quiet.  Prince Gumball saw this and asked Cake, “What can we do to jog her memory?”
“Ahem.  If you’ll excuse me I have to go check something.” Said Dr. Icecream.
“Of course.” The prince replied, and Dr. Icecream left the room.
“Well… I see she already found her hat, and that didn’t jog her memory.  I think we have some old scrapbooks at the tree fort.  We could go look at them.  If that’s alright,  Fionna?”
I smiled and said, “Sure let’s go Cake!”
“Umm, Cake I think I need to stay here and run the kingdom for a while.”  Said Prince Gumball.
“Alright, follow me Fionna!” Said Cake gleefully, and before I knew it we were running out of the Candy Kingdom, into the grasslands.  We past some creepy looking woods, and Cake let me ride on her back until we got to the tree fort, as Cake called it.  I found out that Cake can stretch into different shapes.  It’s really cool!  Cake said this tree fort is where we live.  Then she asked, “Do you remember it, sweetie?”
I looked at the tree fort, trying hard to remember, but sadly I said, “No.”  We went inside only to have a little machine chirp at us, “Hello Fionna and Cake!”
“Hello!” I replied with just as much enthusiasm.
“Hey, Beema.”  Cake said, “Listen, Fionna had an accident fighting Ice Queen.”  Cake paused to look at me, and then continued, “She has amnesia.  We need to find something that will jog her memory.”
“No worries, Beema will find just the thing.” The little machine said before it turned and waddled away.
“Okay, now for those scrapbooks.” Said Cake.  She grabbed me by the waist, and stretched us up a ladder to a second story bedroom.  In the bedroom, there was a small bed with a bunch of monster fur, and an orange sleeping bag on it.  There was also a big chest with one of the drawers pulled out with a pillow in it.  Cake walked over to the closet and opened it.  She signaled me to follow her, so I walked over to the closet.  I saw a box of weapons I’m going to have to try those, I thought.  I saw some clothes similar to the ones I was wearing, and one light blue sparkly strapless dress in the closet.
Cake finally found what she was looking for, and she pulled a huge scrapbook out from the bottom of a box of fabrics.  “Here we go, Fionna want to go back down to the couch and check this out?”
“Yeah!”  I happily replied.  We sat down on the couch, and Cake turned the cover over on the scrapbook.