Chapter 4: Heat Signature 4

Fionna’s P.O.V…

Marshall Lee picked me up, and carried me bridal style all the way to a house in a dark cave.  He sat me down in front of his house, and opened his door to let me inside.  It was a small, nice house, and it was pretty tidy inside for a guy.  “So you ready to watch heat signature 4?”
“Yeah dude!” I said as I jumped onto Marshall Lee’s couch.  “Ouch.  What is up with your couch?”  I asked as I tried to sit on the uncomfortable couch.
' “Sorry about that.  I don’t ever use the couch, but here.”  Marshall Lee grabbed me by the waist, and lifted me into his lap.  So we were both floating inches above the couch.
‘I can’t believe Cake doesn’t like him.’  I thought, ‘He’s so sweet’

Marshall’s P.O.V…
Before the movie started Fionna complained about the couch, so I picked her up, and sat her in my lap.  I was gonna ask her ‘better?’ but the movie started.  I put my arms around her as we watched the movie.  Towards the end of the movie I felt Fi’s breathing get deeper, and I knew she had fallen asleep.  “Well I should probably get you home before Cake claws my face off.”  I said.  I shifted her position in my arms, and flew out the door in the direction of her tree fort.  ‘Glob, she’s so cute.’  I thought as I looked down at her, ‘If only she would stop liking Gumbutt’
I floated up to her bedroom window.  It was already open.  ‘Oh crap! This can’t be good.’   I thought as I floated in.  I placed Fionna in her bed, and tucked her in.  I kissed her on the cheek.  “Ahem.”  I spun around when I heard Cake.  She motioned for me to follow her as she walked down to her living room.  When we got down there she asked, “So, did Fionna tell you about her accident?”
“What?” I asked.
“She fell fighting Ice Queen, and now she has amnesia.” Cake explained.
“Really?  She didn’t act any different.  I wonder why she didn’t tell me.”
“That just shows how much attention you pay her.” Cake smirked.
“I do pay attention to her!”  I shrieked.  “But now that you mention it, she did act a little weird when I came over earlier.  Why would she just pretend like she didn’t forget me?”
“I don’t know…”  Cake said deep in thought.
“Well I’ll ask her tomorrow.”  I said as I floated out the door.
“mmm’k” I heard from the still distracted Cake.  ‘I wonder what she’s thinking about.’