chapter 2: the truth revealed

chapter 2

the truth revealed

I dreamed of something that happened to me when I was six years old.  I was a quarter the size I was nowadays, and I was playing with little pup Moon when I saw a strange girl at the edge of the lake.  As I approached her, I noticed that she was crying, and she was also a little weird looking.  She had black scales, bright emerald eyes, rose red underbelly and wings, gray horns on the back of her head pointing behind her and slightly bending inward. She had a longer snout than me, and her cheekbones were hardly visible unlike me.  On and she also had a silver tail blade like me.  "What's wrong?" I asked her.  she turned her head and looked at me.

she still had tears in her eyes, and I can't say I wasn't attracted to her for some strange reason.  "Those wolves scratched me, and called me a freak!"  "That's right freak!" I turned around to see who said that.  It's no surprise that it was none other than Fletch.  "Aw did the little freak find herself a boyfriend to defend her?" Fletch lowered his head and stared down at my soul.  "Look kid, you're not much, but you can do better than that!"  "Leave her alone!" I yelled, "Oh, really?" Fletch slashed me with his right paw so hard, that I fell over.  "Hey, leave him alone!" the girl said as she scratched him with her right front paw.  "Ahhh!" the scratch was so deep that his wound started bleeding.  "Somebody help!  I've been scratched by a freak!" Fletch ran off, and I couldn't help but laugh.

I got up and asked the girl what her name was "My name is Cynder." she said, "What's yours?" yeah there's an issue.  I explained my no name situation with her, and after that she said "Good bye!" and I watched as she ran off, never to be seen or heard from again.

I woke up suddenly to the sounds of yelling and blazing fire.  At first, I thought I was just hearing things, but I knew something was up when I saw an explosion from outside the cave.  I ran out, trying to find Moon.  No luck. I looked down in horror.  Moon was fighting a strange figure.  I immediately jumped off the edge of the mountains, and somehow flied down to the surface, although my landing was disastrous.  I got back up to attack the figure, but as I got up, I was paralyzed by what I saw.

The figure was a tall human wearing silver armor, a platinum sword, a blood red cape, and a scary skull shaped helmet that covered his whole face.  Even his eyes were hidden by the mask.  I was terrified when he turned and looked at me, but it was what he said in a booming, almost mechanical voice that scared me to death.  "At long last, I have finally found you!" He started towards me, and I didn't know what to do.  Just then, a massive black falcon the size of a tree showed up and knocked him over.  "Oh, no you're not!" said the falcon.  I was confused now, but then something  strange happened.  As the eagle approached the man, the man said as he got up, "Yes I will, and there is nothing you can do to stop me Seraphus!"  The eagle started to attack him, but before he could land a blow, bothe the man and the giant bird exploded in a black mist.

"Yo dude, get over here!" Moon yelled from somewhere at the lake.  I followed the sound of his voice, but when I got there, I instantly became sick in the stomach.  Mom and Dad were both dead.  My vision got blurry the tears in my eyes I was failing to keep inside as they peered down at the bloody corpses.  "C'mon. We gotta go before more freaks show up." Moon said quietly.  I nodded my head in reply, and we were off when I heard Mom's voice say weakly and heavely "Spyro," I turned my head and looked at her.  Mom was alive, but barely.  "Mom!" I said desperately.  When I got close enough to her, she slowly raised her head to the left side of my face. "Your name is Spyro." she whispered, "You are a p-p-pur-ple Dr-ag-on." her head dropped to the ground. and I slowly turned around and returned to Moon's pace.