Ch. 9

"Remember that I'm still a monster. I can listen to you scream and cry and beg and I still won't let you out."

Violet leans over the edge of the railing, looking over the wall that surrounds the community. She watches the top of the trees sway along with the wind as the warmth of the sun beats down on her chilled skin. She closes her eyes as the light still peers through her eyelids. Slowly, she opens them again and turns her head to the left, watching as people toss walkers into a cage. She furrows her eyebrows as she breathes in the cold morning air.

A few people walk under the walkway, carrying baskets full of fresh fruit and vegetables. Violet rolls her eyes as she prepares to take her place in the pantry with Katie. As much as she likes Katie, she hates her job. She hates having to count and organize hundreds of cans every day. It's boring. She misses the world outside the walls. The thrill of running from a herd of walkers. She enjoyed the danger, she always has.

She walks along the walkway, swinging the door back open to the common area. As she begins walking towards her spot in the pantry, she catches Negan walk through the room, Lucille held still on his shoulder. A small group of men follow after him, automatic weapons strapped to their chests. They must be preparing for a trip. "Violet," Katie calls from the other end of the room, waving towards Violet as a smile spreads across her lips.

Violet ignores her, pushing past the rows of benches through the room. She advances through the room, in a parallel line to Negan as he walks through the room. Within a second, she steps in front of him causing him to stop in place. "I need to talk to you," she mutters as she glances up at him. Negan watches her carefully as tilts his head slightly.

"Well," he shrugs, "spit that shit out. I have shit to do." He breathes in as he keeps Lucille wrapped tightly in his hand. Violet looks around his shoulder, staring at the men behind him. "I want to go with you," she says as she turns back to Negan. Her voice is firm and strong. Negan can't help but stifle a laugh as he throws his head back.

"Oh, Vi," he laughs, "you crack me the fuck up. But you see, we have serious shit to do. I don't have time to babysit my fuck buddy." His smile disappears as he taps Lucille against his shoulder. Violet's eyes scan his before she speaks again. "Please," she mutters, "I can do a lot more than count cans in a fuckin' pantry...."

Negan looks her up and down, considering her plea. He takes a step towards her as he glides his fingertips down the side of her cheek. "Say please again," he growls as his eyes narrow. A sly smile spreads across Violet's lips as she makes sure her voice is low and euphoric, "Please, Negan." Negan's smile appears again as he nods his head towards her slightly.

"God, Vi," he smiles, "I love when you talk dirty to me." Violet's enchanting smile stays spread across her face as her eyes narrow in and out of his. "Dwight," Negan barks to Dwight standing to his right, "grab Vi here a gun. She's going to need it...." Dwight doesn't say anything. He just turns from their presence as he heads back towards the armory.

Negan pushes past Violet, his men following after him. Their boots thud heavily across the floor as Violet watches them push through her. She quickly follows after them, heading into the side of the community where all of the vehicles are lined up. She watches them all hop into vehicles as she's unsure of who to follow. "Vi," Negan barks as he glides into the driver's seat of a bulky truck, "get the fuck in. I don't have all day to wait for your pretty ass!"

Violet quickly climbs into the passenger seat beside him as she clicks her seat belt on. "Really?" Negan asks as he gives her a dirty look, "we're in the middle of the apocalypse and you care about blasting your pretty little head through the fuckin' windshield?" Violet doesn't say anything as she glances over at him. Before Negan can say another word, Dwight is pushing a large automatic weapon through Violet's window.

Violet wraps her hands around the gun as she glides her fingers across it's smooth rim. A smile instantly appears on her face as she begins to feel comfortable again, this is what she's supposed to be doing. Not keeping inventory. She wasn't a sheep, she was a soldier. Negan flicks the truck on as it's heavy engine rattles the truck.

"If you do well on this run," Negan begins as he looks over to her, "I might give you a good fuck tonight, but only if you want it." As Violet clutches onto the weapon pulling it close to her chest, she feels that fire that she felt in her chest before spark back up. It begins to flood her veins as she slowly looks back to Negan, arching her eyebrow at him. "I always want it," she says through a small smile.

"That's my fuckin' girl," Negan nods as he quickly presses his foot to the gas, yanking the truck forward. Men in front of the gate slide the gate open, allowing Negan and his men out. Violet turns her head to the right, watching out her passenger window. She watches the trees sway in the wind as everything else around them is still. A smile spreads across her lips as she realizes that she's outside of the walls. She's back where she feels at home.

vote. comment. etc.