Prolouge

"Seriously?! You got suspended for punching someone!" I rolled my eyes at my over exaggerating father. He's such a charmer to everyone else except me. He's a pain in my ass.

"Christian, please watch your language." I let out a laugh.

"Oh it's okay mom, I hear worse when you guys are in the bedroom." Her mouthed dropped. It's not like it's a big secret or something. They don't even try to be quite anymore.

"That's it! You're grounded for a month, no phone, no friends, no tv, nothing! You'll learn to respect me wether you like it or not." I looked at my dad. He had so much anger in his eyes. If only he knew the motive behind why I punched that kid. Having enough, I stood up and walked to the stairs. I turned back around to face my parents.

"You know dad, I wish you would have asked me why I punched that girl in the face. Oh wait I forgot you're to busy being stuck up mom and Teddy's asses to realize what I'm going through." With that I turned around and walked to my bedroom. When I got to my bedroom, I laid down and stared at the ceiling. My life was complete shit. I mean yea maybe not money wise, but everything else was horrible.

My dad for instance. He never makes time for me, ever. Last year on my 17th birthday he promised he would take me out to eat, just us. That night I was getting ready, he called Mom and told her to tell me that he had to "go with Teddy to look at Harvard." My heart was completely broken. Of course my mom tried to make it better, she took me out to eat and fun girl stuff. I only wanted one thing, my dad.

As I got older and older my dad and I faded apart. As Ted got older dad got closer with him. My dads reason for it was because "he had to get Teddy ready for the business world." I roll my eyes every time I thought of that line. 

I hear a faint knock on the door, I already know it's my mom. Every time dad and I have argument, she would try to fix it. It stopped working a long time ago.

"I'm coming in." I let out a sigh before rolling over. I know she's going to come lay down beside me. She always does this. As if on cue I feel a dip in the bed.

"You know honey he doesn't mean to be distant." I rolled my eyes. 

"Mom save it okay? I'll be leaving this year, can you please leave me alone. I want to go to sleep." I feel the bed lift up. Soon after that I feel lips pressing on my cheeks.

"You'll always be my little girl Phoebe." I feel a tear slide down my face.

I knew it was mine.