Broken Piece

I already knew the paparazzi would be bad at Kate's house, she lives in a huge pent house downtown Seattle; and she is Kate. So I didn't expect anything less from it. 

I hadn't seen my best-friend in a long time, I missed her. 

Teddy's windows were tinted so I wasn't worried about them being able to see how nervous I actually was. I knew that when Teddy parked that we would have to let valet park the car, and I would be swamped with the annoying reporters. I get that they have a job too, but they never can give us a break. Teddy shut the car off and looked over at me with that beautiful smile and grey eyes. He looks just like his father. 

"Mom, are you ready for this? No going back." I could tell in his eyes that he was concerned, and I didn't blame him. I was a ticking time bomb, I couldn't blame him for being worried. 

"I am as ready as I will ever be." He opened his door first, coming over to open mine. I heard the reporters screaming questions. 

"Where is Christian?" 

"Where is Anastasia ?"

"Are your parents divorced?" 

They are always so damn nosey, and it irritates my soul. Why is it necessary to mettle in peoples lives the way they do?  I saw Teddy getting closer to me, it was time. I put a smile on my face, fixed my hair, grabbed my purse and now I was ready for the stampede. When Teddy opened the door and they got a glimpse it was me, they went crazy. They hadn't seen me in a year, and I knew they were surprised. Teddy gave me a smile and gestured for my hand, I took it and stepped out of the car. The wind was blowing extra hard, making me so cold I could barely handle it. I really needed to put some weight back on. 

"Ana over here!"

"Ana smile!"

"Where have you been for the past year?!"  I smiled and waved. I stopped for one picture with Teddy and I and rushed into the building. The warm air instantly brought me comfort, It smelled like vanilla and cinnamon in this building. The windows in the building were tinted, this was a building that was known for wealthy individuals and they  enjoyed their privacy. 

The receptionist, Izzy looked up in shock, she hadn't seen me her in forever. She ran from behind the desk and engulfed me in a warm hug. She was always a very affectionate girl. I hugged her back, tightly. I missed seeing familiar faces, it felt kind of nice. 

"Ana how have you been?! It has been forever!" I gave her a warm smile, the best I could give at the moment. 

"I am doing fine, I have missed your joyous personality! Are you still in school?" She gave me a warm smile. Her long jet black hair laid on her back, in a sleek low ponytail. She was stunning. Her blue eyes were electrifying, she was a very beautiful girl. 

"I am actually a year away from graduating Law school, I already have a job lined up at firm. It's the one I have been with since sophomore year. All I have to do is pass my Bar exam and I will be new and improved!" I smiled at the fact that she is so happy. 

"I am so proud of you Isabelle, I always knew you could do it!" She gave me a warm smile. She had always been smart girl. I had known her since she was a baby. Her mom was a worker at Escala. 

"I-" A cough interrupted us, it was Teddy. 

"So my best-friend since I was 4 hasn't even acknowledged my presence?" Belle gave him side eye. I laughed, they were always so jealous. 

"Oh shut it,I haven't seen your mother in a year. I just saw you last week!" We all laughed, it felt good to laugh. I knew that she could tell how bad I looked, but I was happy she didn't say anything, but I already knew I would hear it from Kate. Speaking of Kate.