Take out the Trash

"Hey Allie, take the trash out on your way past please."

"Fiiiiiine." I called back, slinging my backpack over one shoulder and grabbing my keys from the table. Honestly what am I some kind of slave child? I don't think so. I thought as I passed the bulging waste bin and left through the back door.

I had more important things to do, plus the trash was gross and I didn't wanna touch it. There was a reason I'd never been called 'mommy's little angel' although to be honest I thought I was pretty good as daughters went. I made her a necklace out of macaroni and string back when I was six, and I wasn't currently addicted to anything other than pop tarts. What more could she want?

I picked up a stick from the gutter at the side of the road and started absently running it along the little white fences of the chocolate box street that ran before me. I put my headphones in and found myself another stick, transforming into the best freakin air drummer that Greenfield Avenue had ever seen.

"BOW BEFORE ME MORTAL-"

The air in my chest was sharply cut out and repositioned itself underneath me. I was- I wasn't- on the ground? I could feel wind rushing past me and all I could see was the blue of the sky. I had never seen anything so sharp and clear, it was beautiful. How could I have never noticed the sky like this?

Then I could see grey. Spinning towards me faster and faster and faster. Glass and metal and blood red. The Tarmac rushed to greet me as gravity crushed me against it. I couldn't breathe to scream as I felt my body come apart at the impact. Tearing and snapping and then nothing.

Nothing but black.