The King of Angels

~Author's note~ Ok so, you can say it... I'm a failure. Despite all my big talk about publishing regardless of writers block and  torrential downpour I did not deliver the goods. Last Wednesday was uh... well, rainy, and chapterless. And for that reason please accept this peace offering of a possibly lackluster and somewhat choppy chapter. I couldn't think of a way to work around structuring the two viewpoints so if you hate it and have any suggestions I'm all ears, if you love it I am also a sucker for compliments (I wont lie). Either way here it is! 

bon appétit ?

______________________________________________________________________ 

~Belphegor~

The war so far had been brutal. In as little time as it had taken for the sun to rise twice in the human world, more demons had perished beneath it than could ever have been anticipated. The Angels had also suffered countless losses. And still the war raged on, not nearly reaching its end.

Traflagor, Major General to the third Royal Division approached me, riding rigidly on some great beast of war. Saluting sharply he came to a stop three paces from me and dismounted, walking quickly to close the distance before speaking.

"Sir!"

I nodded.

"They have broken through the first infantry. Gaining ground to the east and west, losses in our division have reached 20,000. They came in strong with knights and bishops, our foot soldiers were no match. They have abandoned usual tactics in favour of decimating our weak troops. They do not mean for this war to last sir. They mean to kill us all."

I thought momentarily.

"Split the second hierarchy, reinforce the pawns and hold your ground. Tire out their attackers and then add in the remainder of our stronger troops. I will notify Leviathan and Mammon to send reinforcements to the east and west. We must hold them only to draw out their strongest attack. That is when we make out real move. Believe me when I say, that I too do not intend for this war to last."

"Sir!" another stiff salute saw my General riding back towards the front line, blood glinting crimson off of his polished metal armour.

I had not expected such ferocity from the Angels, but in all of this, at least I could count on Allie being safe.

______________________________________________________________________

~Allie~

"Right. That's it."

"Who's what?"

"I am actually going to rip this place in half."

"Of course you are."

I ignored the sarcastic little demon still sat on the bed and stood determinedly.

"It has been at least two god damn days now, I did not go through all that war training to sit in a box and leave the others to fight for me. It doesn't matter if they win this time, the Devil said they won't stop until they have me. So why not go and fight them?"

"I could give you a thousand reasons why that is one of the worst ideas you have ever had, but I can tell you've already made your mind up." Azeolar stood too, stretching out on his cushion before facing me. "So, how are we going to do this?"

"I have a plan." I said, "But it might be impossible..."

"Oh joy..."

I silenced him with an annoyed glance.