Red and Black

I stared at the unfamiliar face that was reflected at me in the mirror. It looked like it belonged to two different people, and neither of them were me.

One eye, black as night and glittering like a galaxy, swirled and surged like the deep waters of a bottomless lake on my left. And another, redder than red skittles and looking like it was carved out of the heart of a ruby shimmered and danced on my right. Every so often golden orange sparks would shoot from its centre, drawing me closer to my reflection.

"How are you feeling?"

"How did you get in here?" I replied, whipping round to face Leviathan, who was leaning nonchalantly against the frame of my closed bedroom door.

"Oh, I have my ways." He shot me a meaningful grin before materializing at my side.

"Can you not?" I replied, my eyes were extra sensitive now and I still wasn't used to how fast everyone could move, including myself.

"My sincerest apologies." He took my hand in his, and placed a gentle kiss on its back. I shuddered with involuntary pleasure at the touch.

"H-have you ever been sincere about anything in your life?" I snapped back at him, pulling my hand away.

He let his head fall forward a little, his silk gold curls tumbling across his forehead to frame his innocent expression. I saw for the second time in exquisite detail just how unnaturally gorgeous he actually was.

"I have never been more sincere, when I say that you are the most captivating creature I have seen since the dawn of my existence."

I blinked at him for a moment, and then burst out laughing.

"Shut up." I said, still laughing as I turned back to the mirror. These demons will say anything I swear. I thought, smiling at his somewhat irritated expression in the mirror.

He grabbed my hips suddenly, pulling me back against him roughly and bringing his head down to my ear. "Did I say something funny, Allie?" his voice was gravel and silk at the same time, and his touch set my skin on fire.

"Uh-" was all I managed to say as he trailed his hands across my stomach and brought his soft lips to the sensitive skin of my neck. I was failing to produce comprehensive sentences and I found myself leaning into his touch, the electricity was addictive as it coursed through my veins.

Things felt different now I was a demon, more acute, more... pleasurable. I saw my black eye dilate; dragging in all the light around it and becoming so intensely dark that it looked like it could swallow entire worlds. It's opposite flared up so brightly that I could feel the flames that now danced and shimmered within it. Leviathan watched my eyes in the mirror covetously. Intense desire flared through his gaze into mine as he moved his hands up to my breasts and traced over the fabric covering them, nipping at my neck with his sharp teeth. I stifled a moan.

"That won't do." He breathed into my neck. Before dropping his left hand downwards, way downwards. This time my resolve crumbled at his touch and I couldn't help the noise that escaped my lips, it was a deep, primal sound that I didn't recognize from myself. What the? Did I just growl? Leviathan sharpened in response to the noise, pressing harder against me as he struggled to maintain his self control. Ah, I thought deviously. So that's what gets him off.

I very deliberately made the noise again, the deep rich sound erupting from my chest was somewhere in between a growl and a purr, and it drove him insane. I twisted my arms back and grabbed handfuls of the hair that was better suited to an angel than a demon and yanked his head down towards me easily. I was almost as strong as he was now, and I used this strength to force my lips to his.

Faster than my heart could beat I found myself pinned down by his hips on my bed. He moved away from my mouth and began trailing kisses back down my neck, my chest, my stomach. He teased me with his fingers through the lacy fabric of my underwear and I groaned against him.

What the hell are you doing?

My inner me cut sharply through the bliss, I had no answer. Are you really this fucking stupid? It continued.

What? I thought back irritably.

What do you mean what dipshit, what about Asmodeus that's what.

I...

You what? Got caught up in whatever bullshit illusions this demon is able to pull and toootally forgot about the other one you're stringing along? Do you have any idea how much shit you will cause if you sleep with his brother?

I didn't reply.

Also you know you're about to fuck a literal dog right. And what does that make you? That's right ladies and gentleman, a class A bitch.

Shut up, I spat back, but I knew it was right. I groaned internally and sat up, pulling myself out from underneath Leviathan and shooting him a level gaze.

"I can't." I said to him, almost hiding the regret in my voice, but not quite.

"What?" he said, totally incredulous at the events transpiring before him. I started to wonder if he had ever been turned down before.

"I have to get ready for dinner." I said calmly, despite the aching desire burning in the pit of my stomach, drawing me to his perfectly toned body and ridiculously soft lips and- NO-NOPE.

I shimmied off the side of the bed and walked back around to the mirror, opening the little velvet box that sat on the table in front of it. Gently I took out the two exquisitely crafted silver and emerald earrings and put them on. My hand briefly nudged the little black rose that Asmodeus had made for me, sending a spiral of guilt through me.

"I know that you want me to fuck you as badly as I want to." Leviathan was by my side instantly. "If you are feeling guilty, you should know that you don't owe him anything and that I will have you, no matter how long I have to wait."

Oh my god...

He was gone before I had chance to reply. And I was glad, because deep down I wasn't sure if I'd have asked him to stay.