Exit

I had been floating in the rock for what seemed like an eternity when I finally remembered why I had entered it in the first place; I gathered my thoughts and sent my plan.

I've got a job for you to do rock, I need to go get a drink? You get it? Water.

I felt the consciousness of the whole structure reverberate with my command, I could almost hear it chirping with glee.  ~Water! Water! Water! ~ The words echoed and bounced in my head.

I felt it searching through its consciousness for a way to complete my request and was almost electrocuted by the power of its 'light bulb' moment. The rock swirled and surged around me. Gripped by invisible currents I felt myself start to move, slowly at first I began to slip down through the wall, faster and faster I fell until my hair was whipping up behind me and I was struggling to keep my arms at my sides. Shot like a bullet from a gun I could 'see' myself descending floor after floor into the bowels of the building at an incredible pace through the connected levels of rock.

How deep does this place go?? I wondered.

According to the rock we were nowhere near the end even after five minutes of this ridiculous travel but I could now sense a clear destination forming. I was in the process of trying to figure out how far I had travelled from my room when I felt the bracing slap of icy water and blinding light of reality hit me square in the face as I was propelled from the tepid liquid rock and into a deep underground pool.

"JE*SUS*" I spluttered as I raked in huge shuddering breaths upon surfacing from the freezing water.

"Allie?!" I heard an incredulous voice and then a splash.

Still blinded by the water and change from pitch black to light I kicked my legs out, furiously treading water and gasping like a landed fish. I felt strong warm arms wrap around me and freaked out at the sensory overload after being encased in the rock for so long.

"Allie, Allie calm down! It's me, Allie!"

Reluctantly I opened my eyes to face whatever was grabbing me to see none other than Asmodeus staring in complete disbelief down at my now shivering form. His crimson eyes swam with uncountable questions and concern. After a pause he spoke quietly

"You have got some serious explaining to do."