Don't Kick Rocks

A sudden crash ricocheted around the endless space of the Hollow, dislodging rocks that clicked and clattered down the sides of the vast surrounding walls before shattering on impact with the ground. The immense sound was accompanied by a blinding flash of light that saturated everything in an instant of pure white.

As my eyes and ears recovered from the sensory assault they focused on a colossal form standing at the centre of the lightsplosion. There was no doubting who it was. Waves of rage broiled from his skin as Passus towered over the now dazed and horror-struck Taureel and Accius. Mersheas silently drifted towards an overturned cart, discreetly trying to get as much distance between himself and Passus as possible.

"What is the meaning of this?" he questioned, voice worryingly calm.

Neither Accius or Taureel dared to speak. I knew from personal experience that was one of the best ways to get yourself whipped to death.

"If silence is your answer then I suppose I will have to use more persuasive methods."

With a crackle and hiss of heat a whip miraculously appeared in Passus' oversized hand. Studded with thirty-centimetre long blades and made of thick, coiled and, by the looks of it super-heated wire. The great menacing weapon twitched with life in his hand, straining to reach its next victims. Another ear-splitting boom launched itself into the air as the ground beneath them split and swallowed all three demons whole.

______________________________________________________

"Ugh- how long- do we-have- to--do-- this--for?" I grunted between breaths as I hauled a particularly large chunk of the black rock into a cart.

"Until we get rotated again." Em replied, throwing in an equally sized chunk as easily as if it were a cardboard cutout.

"When will that be?"

"Hmm... well its hard to say really. Time moves a little slower down here but going by my calculations of their usual rota, perhaps in about five years, give or take a couple months."

"...you're kidding me right?"

The look she gave me told me that she rarely if ever kid anyone.

As far as I could tell I'd already been there for half a century. My arms hurt, my neck hurt, my back was on fire and my legs were turning to jelly. "Ugh this is such bullshittt..." I moaned picking up three more rocks and kicking another along the floor with my foot. "Shit!" I looked down to my foot and the blood dribbling from a fresh cut. This is why you don't kick rocks stupid. My inner voice sneered at me. "Shut the fuck up." ...great, now I've started talking to myself, I'm so SICK of these STUPID ROCKS! I dropped the other rocks I was holding and reached down to the ground to pick up the one that had cut me.

I pulled my arm back, fully prepared to catapult it into the side of some stupid demon's head when I felt it. The rock was buzzing, tingling like when the little bubbles in soda pop on your tongue. "What the frick?" I mumbled, bringing the rock closer to my face. The tingling sensation started to fade. I stared at it, becoming frustrated again, why is everything down here so weird? It popped back into life, the surface prickling my skin, like it wanted to attach to me or something. "You'd better not explode." I warned it. The rock continued pulling at my skin, and I got the weird sense that it was asking permission or something. "S-sure..." I spoke to it, not really knowing why. Within an instant the rock became liquid in my hand, dribbling between my fingers and flowing across my skin but remaining in one piece.

"Noooooooooo wayyyyyyyyy..."

Jesus H Christ this is so fucking cool! I focused my mind onto it. Circle. I thought. Instantly the oil-like liquid formed into a perfect, tennis ball sized sphere. It trembled and danced where it met with my skin, barely able to contain its excitement.

"Hey, you!"

A demon guard had walked up behind me without me noticing, he put his hand on my shoulder and spun me around.

"Get back to-"

He was cut short and stumbled backward with a look of shock and horror at the sight of me and the rock. I quickly dropped it and tried to head back over to the pile, there was no way in hell I was getting punished again. Unfortunately I was no match for the 'super-speed' of the white demon and was quickly caught.

"NO! GET YOUR CREEPY HANDS OFF ME!" I yelled, trying to kick my captor where I assumed his manly parts were.

"You'd better calm down little one, I will punish you if you don't."

"YOU'RE GOING TO PUNISH ME ANYWAY YOU SADISTIC FUCKBAG." I screamed, I wonder if I can bite him from this angle...

He chuckled, the sound made me cringe. "Only if you ask me very nicely."

Ok now I'm confused. "You're not... going to punish me?" I stopped struggling and craned my neck to look at him.

"Oh no my precious, we are going to see Passus." He said, beginning to walk with me still trapped in his arms.

OH HELL NAW. I began thrashing again, trying to headbutt the fucker. He sighed as though I were a child having a tantrum over candy and wrapped his arm around my neck, slowly applying pressure. My head started swimming and my vision went blurry, it was slowly getting darker...and darker...and...fucks sake.