Azeolar

~Belphegor~

"LEVIATHAN!"

It was the voice of Satan now that cut through the air as the Angel was once again pinned to the floor by the jaws of the murderous black hound. I smiled faintly as the situation reminded me somewhat of what the humans refer to as 'good cop bad cop'.

IF THIS ANGEL DOES NOT START TALKING SOON I SHALL BITE OUT HIS TONGUE TO REVOKE THE PRIVILEGE.

"That is enough Leviathan." My father spoke, his voice disturbingly calm as he approached the pair. Leviathan obediently stepped away from the Angel and lowered his head respectfully.

"There is no need for you to make such threats, for if our visitor does not begin to speak soon I shall personally cut off something which he will miss very much more so than his tongue." He smiled as one might to a child before patting the Angel on the cheek, Remiel swallowed nervously. "Shall we perhaps proceed in a more civilised fashion before resorting to such unfortunate means?"

The Angel stood rather quickly from the floor and straightened his clothes, the blood on his collar had now dried and darkened, but was soon joined by a fresh drop from the second wound made by Leviathan. 

"Good child, then I shall ask you again, where is Allison and who has taken her?"

Remiel sighed deeply before his dark lavender eyes fluttered shut. I knew why he had such hesitation over performing this task. His vision was a gift afforded to him as an angel, using it now as a demon would repel every cell in his body causing it to be an excruciating task, or so I had read.

As I watched the muscles under his skin began to tremble and his hands balled into fists. His usually free demeanour became at once very restricted and his jaw clenched tightly. Two small tears of blood ran from the inner corners of his eyes which had been wrenched wide open. He stared directly ahead, eyes glassy and unmoving as his lip began to quiver with countless unspoken words. The echoing voice which followed was one which truly did not belong to the speaker.

"Seek her not for she has gone... taken by white now too dark to see... a place far from light, a tomb darker than the imagined... a place of no place... a place further than death... seek her not for she has gone."

The words wavered and echoed as though they were travelling a great distance to reach our ears before a savage shudder seized his body and he collapsed to the floor. Retching suddenly a fountain of blood erupted from his mouth and he blinked rapidly, returning from wherever it was he had gone to as violently as he had left.

"I can't- I can't see her..." he said weakly, chest heaving as he struggled to regain his breath.

"What do you mean you can't see her?" Leviathan questioned, only irritated now.

"I can't see what isn't there." Remiel shot Leviathan a withering look, the sarcasm of the angel seemed to have recovered faster than the rest of him.

"Do you mean to tell me... that she is-"

"Before you try to kill me again no, she is not dead, she is... safe, as far as I can tell. Safe but not altogether here, she was here; she was taken by an Angel. But now she just isn't, she was never taken to Heaven, and the Angel that tried to take her most certainly is dead. Though how I could not say, wherever she went is a blind spot. One that I have never encountered before, some things are just not allowed to be known, not by anyone." He rubbed the bridge of his nose as though he had a headache and sighed, seemingly disappointed with what little he had found. I remembered the unusual level of care that the Angel held for Allie and understood his frustration.