Thrill of the Chase

Author's Note: This chapter is mature af so please feel free to skip if that's not your scene, the rest of you well, you can't say I didn't warn you.

The thrill of running at full speed down the endless red and gold hallways was undeniable. It was the first time I had felt free in too long and although I didn't really intend to escape, the longer I ran, the more I craved it.

I couldn't hear any kind of pursuit behind me, but I could sense it. The silent padding of soft black paws echoed through the rock and back to me as I communicated wordlessly with it for directions. Every step I made, every turn and every breath he shadowed flawlessly, never gaining ground but never losing it either. I got the feeling he was letting me run for as long as I had to, that in some small way he knew that I needed this.

I turned sharply again, forcing my legs to move even faster until I was nothing but a blur flying over the ground. I could feel now that I was being powered by magic as well as my muscles, which seemed to switch from gear to gear effortlessly without any hint that they were tiring. I wondered why I even bothered to walk to places when running was so much fun.

It was then that I sensed it, every time my foot made contact with the floor a small amount of information would be imparted to me by the rock, telling me which direction I was facing, which level I was on and so on. And now it seemed that I had come very close to an exit. So close that it might actually be possible.

Wild excitement and fear filled me as this realisation hit me. And without stopping to think I ran faster than I would have ever thought physically possible in the direction of my freedom.

And there it was, a small plain wooden door, used only by the servants of the palace to access the outside. Extraordinary only in the sense that it was so ordinary compared to its surroundings. I had never been so happy to see a door in my entire life and I ran towards it like I would to my mom if I ever saw her again. I got so close I could have reached out to touch it but that's as far as I would ever get.

The air was knocked out of my lungs as I was tackled from the side and flew through the air only to crash into a door just to the left of my freedom, it flew open, and both me and Leviathan fell loudly into the empty room.

I didn't have time to register being down before I was swiftly brought to my feet and pinned against the door that had been slammed shut behind us. Leviathan looked furious, the last tendrils of black shadows danced in the fog that rolled away from him after his seamless transformation from hound to man.

As he towered over me I could see more than anger lighting his eyes, there was fear, and also a desire so intense that I couldn't have looked away even if I'd tried. Those eyes that could break the will of even the strongest mind had no trouble with mine.

Crashing my lips to his I felt his sharp intake of breath before he furiously kissed me back, pinning me tighter to the door and barely allowing me room to breathe as he commanded more from my body. Every movement of his lips against mine seemed to scold me, how dare I try to run away, how dare I even think of it? My hand found its way to his hair and I grabbed hold of it tightly, how dare he try to stop me?

One hand pressed my hips firmly to his while the other found its way to the buttons of my dress which were swiftly undone, leaving me completely exposed to his burning red eyes. He finally broke away from my lips to look at me and in that one glance made me desperate for anything he would give to me.

"I won't wait any longer." Was all he said before picking me up effortlessly and lifting me onto his waist, I could feel how turned on he was as soon as I wrapped my legs around him, and I couldn't help the gasp that fell from my mouth as he pushed me down onto a solid wooden table in the middle of the room, he followed me, his lips glued to mine as he bent over it.

The sound of heavy breathing was joined by the soft clink of metal against stone as his belt buckle hit the floor.

Somewhere in between the door and the table he had also lost his suit jacket and now stood only in his white shirt which had been half undone by me. His body was as good if not better than Asmodeus's and his face with its mix of emotions was indescribable. The hunger in his eyes made me quiver with impatience.

He locked those eyes with me as he wordlessly slipped his hand underneath my thin lace underwear to touch the most sensitive part of my body. I moaned and squirmed under his relentless pressure, shutting my eyes and dragging my fingernails into the wood beneath me as he smirked at what he could do to me with so little effort. I couldn't stand to be teased by him anymore and without warning the deep primal growl that I knew would break his reserve slipped from my throat. It worked better than I had anticipated as he suddenly removed his hand, taking my underwear with it and positioned his hips at the base of mine.

I could sense how incredibly close he was to me as he leant down to my ear and whispered words like silk in the demon language that I still didn't understand, setting my skin on fire in every place it touched his.

The words sounded ancient and full of promise but I had no time to consider them before he was inside me, moving slowly in the deepest parts of me as I moaned loudly into the base of his neck and dug my nails which had sharpened into claws into his back.

He quickened in response, pushing himself faster and deeper in and out of me as I unravelled physically and mentally at the feeling of him in the places nothing had ever been before. It was almost too much already and my breaths came short and fast as I began to tighten around him. He slowed, allowing me to calm down before speeding up again. Over and over he tortured me with this until I was breathless and practically begging for him to let me come, but he wouldn't. It was obvious that what Asmodeus lacked in restraint, Leviathan had buckets of. Because I had made him wait, he was going to make me do the same.

"Leviathan..." I breathed, the anticipation becoming agony as he pulled me between weak and strong with such cruel accuracy that I could no longer form coherent sentences.

"Will-you-try to run away again?" he asked, his own breathing heavy and erratic as he continued his never ending assault on my body.

"N-no-"

"That's right," he growled into my neck as he bent down to place a deceptively gentle kiss on my collar bone. I cried out in surprise as his soft lips were replaced by the sharp graze of teeth.

"Because I am going to fuck you until you can't walk."

And with that he pounded into me once more, getting faster and faster until I was at the edge again, but this time he pushed me over into ecstasy and I fell hard. Harder than I knew was possible and I cried out his name over and over again until he did the same, finally collapsing breathless over me he pulled out. And I fell almost immediately into a blissfully exhausted sleep, my last memory the feeling of his soft lips as he placed a final fleeting kiss on mine.