Modern Music

Hello, boys...

Pete: You look traumatised.

I am traumatized.

Pete: Why?

My lovely friend MissMaccaSunshine asked me to have you boys react to modern music.

John: Pardon me?!

Roger: What?

Pete: Modern what?

Keith: But... Nirvana is good!

Not Nirvana, Keith. MODERN music. As in from 2010 to 2016.

Keith: Oh, that stuff with the weird synthe--

Pete: *glaring at Keith*

Keith: --sisers...? Yours are cool, Pete. This stuff is just generated music.

Pete: *still glaring*

John: Keith, Pete's synth work was generated music too. 

Pete: *now glaring at John*

Roger: I like his music!

Pete: Thank you, Roger.

Now, hold on there. Pete's work with synthesizers is amazing. This music is just...not his work. Although...most of his work IS pretty synth-heavy...especially Who's Next but that album is bloody brilliant. Sorry, couldn't word that a different way.

Pete: It's not synth work.

Keith: Hell yeah, it is. It's just sounds!

Pete: It is not! It's highly technical, musical work!

Keith: It is not! It's just beeping sounds that you programmed a machine to do! There is nothing "cool" or "hip" or "mod" or "rock" about it!

Pete: Now you shut up! What do you know about music, Moon?!

Keith: A hell of a lot more than you do, Mr. I Only Play Synth!

Pete: I play more than sy--

Okay, hold on. Stop arguing. We're way off base here.

John: Agreed.

John. Shut up. Anyways, Macca wants you boys to listen to some modern music (she gave some suggestions but I'm going to do the ones I know) and then react to it. Okay? Get it? Got it? Good. Now shut up and listen.

Your first song is "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus.

Pete: *hyperventilating* What, what, what, what, what, what.

Roger: Um... Where are her clothes?

John: We're supposed to be focusing on the song.

Keith: No clothes? OKAY! *starts stripping*

John: Clothes on. Now.

Keith: *defeated* *puts his clothes back on* Fine... I was just following modern culture, John.

*back to the boys* Just so you boys know, I'm not watching the video.

John: Turn around.

No. Miley used to be my hero when she was Hannah Montana. When I heard she went nude for a video? Ugh. No more.

John: Stubborn bird. It isn't even that bad. Okay, maybe to you it is. Not to us manly men. Keith, stop stripping.

Keith: *screams and storms out singing* I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL! I NEVER HIT SO HARD IN LOVE!