Chapter Twenty: A Big Surprise

Okay, it was supposed to be a simple kiss that would end in a nanosecond. But, of course, my hormones decided against that idea. And it's also like they teamed up with Winston's hormones too. The moment I pressed my lips against his, I can actually feel the heat radiating. Then he deepened the kiss and placed both of his hands on my waist. Effortlessly, he carried me to the bed without breaking the kiss.

I know I should check if the spell broke, but I was too preoccupied with Winston's lips. His hands traveled up and down on my sides and I kept mine on his nape. I moaned at the back of my throat and Winston pressed himself against mine and I tightened my hold. I could actually feel his smile through the kiss. He hitched my legs on his hips to make him feel more comfortable and I obliged.

To top it all off, it was a hot make out session.

But of course, everything good ends. I forgot to lock the door once again and my dear old brother went in without even knocking once again. I didn't hear him come in but I so did hear him gasp and dropped whatever he was carrying that time.

"Oh my God!" he exclaimed.

Winston and I immediately pulled away from each other and I looked at my brother. "Simon, you idiot!" I said, glaring at him. His face was filled with astonishment that it almost made me laugh. But I didn't, because I was pissed off with him for interrupting. "What are you doing here?"

"Who is he? And you know what Gina said about not bringing 'friends' in our room!" he chastised. "What would I tell her about this?"

"Oh please, like you would tell her. I don't know how many times I caught you making out with some random girl back at New York when Mom told us we're forbidden to do so," I retorted. "What brings you here, anyway?"

"I just came to bring you this," he said, bending to get the thing he dropped. "It's a package for you. I don't know what this is but I'll just leave it here." Simon placed the package on my table and quickly made his way to the door. "You may return with your make out session."

When he finally left, I sighed in relief and then turned to Winston. But he was not looking at me. In fact, his back was on me. My heart was thudding angrily in my chest. Did the kiss work? Or does he still have the... the same face? 

"Winston?" I said his name softly.

"How did you know about the spell?" he asked, still not looking at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't tell you about the spell, but you mentioned something about breaking the spell before you kissed me," he explained. "You asked Josephine and she told you, didn't she?"

I bit my lip nervously. "Um... yes. I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to ask her but I have no choice! I was in war with myself. I want to understand why you're like that. I can't live without knowing what happened so I asked her. She told me and at first I didn't believe her. But I slowly understood that... that it made perfect sense," I told him. I took a deep breath. He still wasn't looking at me. "Are you mad?"

"No," was his reply. "Actually, I'm grateful that Josephine told you. I couldn't imagine if I tell you. It would be weird and awkward. Thank God for Josephine."

"So... did the spell broke? Did my kiss work?" I asked quietly. 

Winston didn't reply. I counted three seconds and then he turned to look at me. And a gasp escaped my mouth.

I froze on my place and he just continued staring at me. I looked back at him. I raised my hand and rested it on his cheek. The corners of his lips lifted up and I felt like smiling too. "Oh my God, Winston," I whispered. "Oh my God."