Photographs (Zomika)

Zack

I entered the classroom with my backpack on me. It was seventh grade when I sat down on my usual seat and got out my bag. Surprisingly, no one is here yet, I guess I'm just early or everyone else is just late.

Tomika: Hey

I looked up to see Tomika going inside the classroom.

Zack: Hey

Tomika: So, watcha doing?

She asked while pointing at my bag. I guess I kinda panicked since I shoved my backpack on the floor

Zack: Nothing!!

Tomika: Doesn't sound like nothing.

Tomika grabbed my bag and saw my book.

Zack: Tomika don't open it, just give me back my book.

Tomika: Zack, you know me by now and I wanna read whatever this book is all about

Zack: Its not a normal reading book, it's a photobook.

Tomika observed my photobook, she flipped the pages then her gaze was back at me.

Tomika: Do you mind if I look at it?

Zack: Go ahead.

I guess I over panicked, what's the worst that could happen. I mean, all I have there are my photos of- Oh...

I gotta get that book back.

After getting out of my thoughts, Tomika was already going through pages.

Tomika: 'First Day'

She read the written words on top of a picture of Tomika and I. It was the first day at kindergarten, I was really nervous but then I met Tomika who helped me get more friends.

Tomika: Huh.. that was all the way back

Zack: Keep reading

You know what? I'll let her keep reading, she needs to know anyway.

Tomika went through another page, it was our graduation back at preschool. That was the day, Tomika and I promised we would help each other in times of needs.

Tomika: 'The promise'

And yes, I labeled each and everyone of them. It helps me remember why I put amazing memories there.

Tomika: You still remembered our promise?

Zack: Why wouldn't I?

Tomika smiled before flipping another page. It was labeled 'First.. Crush?' and I know what you're thinking. Yes, I do have a crush on Tomika, and that photo was at sixth grade when I wasn't sure I had a crush on Tomika.

Tomika: Y-you had a c-crush on me?

Zack: Who said I stopped?

Tomika blushed while gripping on my photobook.

Tomika: So, why didn't you want me to see it?

Zack: because I knew you were gonna see that picture of us, and you would discover that I have a crush on you. Honestly, that book is my memories of us, it makes me happy and it reminds me of how close we two are.

Tomika hugged me.

Tomika: I like you too, Zack.

****

Requested by maidoesmcpe