[ 030 ]

apartment #118
choi hansol, boo seungkwan

"hey, what's the date today?" hansol asked seungkwan, who was sprawled across the couch scrolling through twitter on his phone. during the holidays, hansol never kept track of the date, but he needed it now to timestamp a diary entry for their english holiday homework.

"uh," seungkwan checked his phone, "it's the 7th of august."

"cool, thanks."

seungkwan continued to scroll while hansol went back to his room to write his diary entry. english was easily his best subject, since he was pretty much fluent as a half-american.

suddenly, he remembered something and whirled back, startling seungkwan. "wait. the 7th? isn't seungcheol's birthday on the 8th of august?"

"oh, yeah!" seungkwan exclaimed. "damn, we need to do something!" seungkwan had honestly forgotten, but he knew that if they didn't plan anything extravagant for his birthday, seungcheol would probably hold some petty grudge against them for the rest of their natural lives.

"quick, let's head down to that party place in the mall," hansol suggested, aiming for the most clichéd yet somewhat thoughtful birthday present he could think of - a surprise party.

grabbing their wallets, the two boys rushed out of the apartment and into the elevator. upon reaching the lobby, they saw a small crowd gathered around someone. someone quite short with fluffy, light purple hair.

"oh, there's soonyoung," seungkwan acknowledged, pointing out the blue-haired teenager to hansol. "i wonder what's happening?"

in answer to his question, soonyoung plugged his phone into a speaker and started blasting out 'heart attack' by aoa. peeking over the crowd, seungkwan remembered the name of the shorter, purple-haired boy; lee jihoon.

jihoon immediately started dancing a manly version of 'heart attack'*, popping his chest intensely and eliciting a burst of laughter from the crowd. seungkwan could see that jihoon's face was set in a grimace, but after the chorus finished, he cracked and turned around and buried his face into the wall in embarrassment. soonyoung collapsed onto the floor, clutching his stomach in laughter. the crowd started cheering for an encore; seungkwan noticed that he was surrounded mainly by 13-year-old junior high students he never knew lived in the block.

soonyoung managed to calm his laughter a few minutes later, in which time jihoon had curled into a ball in the far corner of the lobby. seeing that nothing eventful was going to happen, the crowd dispersed with mumbles of disappointment. seungkwan and hansol approached soonyoung hesitantly.

"do i even want to ask?" seungkwan began. he knew that jihoon and soonyoung were known for their weird dares that seemed to happen around the apartment every week or so. it puzzled him because seungkwan had always seen jihoon as a rather serious and quiet kind of person - not someone who would willingly perform a dare concocted by kwon soonyoung.

i guess being around soonyoung really does change you. or maybe jihoon likes him too much to refuse.

"please, don't ask. i'm just glad i only had to do the chorus," jihoon sighed, escaping his s.o.s position and joining the three boys.

"you were so cute, though!" soonyoung laughed. "little man with big movements. you should audition for a girl group." jihoon shot him a glare.

after bantering with seungkwan for a good five minutes, soonyoung finally introduced his roommate formally to seungkwan and hansol. jihoon nodded respectfully and smiled. his smile wasn't one that emanated happiness to the degree of seokmin's or mingyu's, but it had a feeling of warmth and comfortableness woven throughout it. combined with his slightly short stature, he looked really cute. for a guy, especially. seungkwan felt like hugging him.