[ 064 ]

apartment #417
jeon wonwoo, kim mingyu

"it's too embarrassing. i can't do it," wonwoo sighed.

"you already agreed to it," jihoon reasoned, "i walked past a poster advertising the play today. they've already changed junhui's name to yours." wonwoo groaned.

"were the rehearsals alright?" jihoon asked.

"i've been to like four already," wonwoo said, "they're alright, because it's basically only me, the actors, staff and the director."

"what's going to happen when there's an actual audience in front of you?" jihoon asked carefully. he was aware of wonwoo's stage fright.

"i don't know. you see... majority of the play is fine. but at the end—"

"the kiss scene," jihoon said thoughtfully.

"yeah," wonwoo sighed.

"but this isn't the first time you've kissed mingyu," jihoon said. the phone crackled with static and it made wonwoo flinch.

"but this time, it's in front of hundreds of judgemental strangers," wonwoo nearly yelled.

"then make it a good show." wonwoo could almost feel jihoon's smirk through the phone.

wonwoo heard the front door shut and he abruptly hung up without saying goodbye. mingyu was back from his art class with jeonghan.

"i'm home," mingyu called out, a thump indicating he had put his bags down on the counter, despite wonwoo constantly telling him not to put bags on a food surface.

"how was art?" wonwoo poked his head out of his bedroom door, leaning against the doorframe.

"it was fun," mingyu grinned. he had some paint on his face and shirt. wonwoo groaned; it was his turn to do the laundry the next day.

"there were actually so many people there," mingyu rambled, as he often did (even if wonwoo wasn't entirely listening), "i met these guys called jungkook and yugyeom and they were really nice. did you know they lived here too? they know seungcheol apparently. and then when class started, jeonghan got us to paint lines at first, and i didn't understand why because who doesn't know how to paint lines? but he said he was teaching us control—"

"that's great," wonwoo laughed, joining mingyu outside. he took mingyu's bags off the counter, put them on the chair and proceeded to get himself some milk from the fridge.

"oh, right. i shouldn't put bags on the counter," mingyu said sheepishly. wonwoo gave him a look of approval.

"hey, we don't have anymore milk," wonwoo frowned upon opening the fridge.

"we ran out again?" mingyu said with a suspiciously guilty tone.

wonwoo turned to him and narrowed his eyes. "did you make yourself more midnight cereal?"

"um, maybe?" mingyu looked away. wonwoo knew that whenever mingyu was watching a drama, he tended to eat cereal with milk. not snacks like a normal person, but cereal. and he ate a lot of it (thus causing them to go through their milk rather quickly).

"i'll... go get more," mingyu said hurriedly, grabbing his keys and wallet.

wonwoo sighed. "okay," he said quietly. mingyu left shortly and the apartment went eerily silent.

feeling rather tired from his classes that day, wonwoo decided to call it a night.

• • •