[ 051 ]

apartment #607
wen junhui, xu minghao

minghao couldn't stop laughing. "wait, let me get this straight. you and mingyu have to kiss?" he said between laughs, clutching junhui's shoulder for support.

"i don't get why you're laughing, minghao," junhui sighed. minghao only laughed harder.

"doesn't this... mean... junhui's going to be your... first kiss?" minghao said between his laughs, repeatedly slapping mingyu's back.

"jesus christ, minghao," mingyu whined, shoving minghao away lightly.

after the meeting, junhui and mingyu had met up with wonwoo back in junhui's apartment. wonwoo was sitting at their dining table, studying the plot summary intensely.

"wait, can i see that?" minghao calmed his laughter and sat down next to wonwoo to read the sheet.

• • •

- CHARACTER PROFILES -

BYUN BAEKHYUN (played by Kim Mingyu)
A junior college student and childhood friends with Jung Yerin. He is in love with her, though she does not feel the same way.

JUNG YERIN (played by Jung Eunji)
A junior college student and childhood friends with Byun Baekhyun. In love with Lee Jinki, the best friend of Baekhyun.

PARK CHANYEOL (played by Moon Junhui)
An underground assassin hired by Kim Sojung to kill Jung Yerin.

KIM SOJUNG (played by Kim Sohye)
A junior college student who is madly in love with Byun Baekhyun. Hires Park Chanyeol to kill Jung Yerin, the girl who Baekhyun loves.

LEE JINKI (played by Kim Seokjin)
A junior college student and best friend of Byun Baekhyun.

• • •

"this is so much like those korean dramas we watch, jun," minghao commented.

"right?" junhui buried his head in his hands.

"okay, but... objectively speaking," wonwoo said slowly, "shouldn't junhui play baekhyun? since he and eunji had really good chemistry." minghao narrowed his eyes.

"i did ask the director why i was chosen," mingyu admitted, "since i was slightly worried deep down that i was only chosen for my looks."

mingyu's mother had always joked about him getting what he wanted because he was good looking, and he tried not to take the comments too seriously, but sometimes he wondered if it was actually true. he wanted to be recognised for his actual skill, not the fact that he was good looking.

"he said that my improvisation skills were really good."

"so, forgetting your script turned out to be a good thing?" wonwoo said incredulously.

"yeah! he said that i actually improved on the original lines in the written script," mingyu said proudly.

"anyway, i don't think chemistry with eunji matters as much... i mean, in the end, it's mingyu and junhui kissing," minghao pointed out.

"once again, why are you so happy about this?" junhui grabbed minghao's shoulder.

"it's hilarious, obviously," minghao grinned. "i admit, i was wrong about the love triangle thing." mingyu shot him an 'i told you so' look.

"it's a pretty cool coincidence that this happened," wonwoo slipped in. "you and your acting partners all got main roles. imagine if only one of you got the role and you had to kiss a complete stranger?"

"yeah. could be worse," junhui grinned. "but wouldn't you love to take my spot, wonwoo?" he added with a wink.

"no way," wonwoo shut him down without hesitation. "i have stage fright," he said blatantly.

junhui laughed in disbelief. "that's his only reason?" he whispered to minghao. minghao nodded, having thought the same thing. they were interrupted by the doorbell ringing repeatedly. minghao glanced at the clock and jumped up immediately.

"shit, i forgot. i've got dance," he rushed to the door, where an impatient soonyoung was waiting.

"you can make out with jun later. we're late," soonyoung said, poking his head in the door and waving at the others inside. mingyu waved back.

"we'll finish this later, then," minghao winked and ran after soonyoung, who had already left.

"no, please don't," wonwoo slumped and let his head hit the table. with minghao gone, junhui's expression suddenly turned serious. "hey, have you guys felt like minghao's been a bit weird lately?" he asked immediately.

"wait, what do you mean?" mingyu was shocked by his sudden graveness.

"have you noticed anything weird with him? like if he's been spacing out, or hiding from someone..."

"hmm, when you mention it... we were going to go to mansae together a few weeks ago. we got there and we were going to go in, but he suddenly went all pale and pulled me out of there," mingyu recounted. "then he said he was sorry because he forgot he had some important work and just left. it was so sudden and when i asked him about it later, all he said was 'sorry about that'."

"something's up," junhui pursed his lips. "he doesn't seem to want to tell me what it is."

"oh, and this thing's been happening for quite a while, but i didn't think about it until now," mingyu continued. "sometimes i meet up with him to go for lunch in between our classes. normally, my class ends early so i go to the dance studios to meet up with him. but almost every time i meet up with him, he always seems like he's in a hurry and also slightly agitated or scared."

"he does? i meet up with him sometimes and he always seems fine," junhui said worriedly.

"oh, it only happens when i meet up with him at the dance studio," mingyu said. "i've met him at other classes and he seems fine."

"that's not like minghao," wonwoo said, concerned. "especially not telling you if something's wrong. he tells you everything."

"i'm worried he's gotten into some trouble," junhui said. "can you guys keep an eye out on him?"

"of course," mingyu nodded.

"thanks, you guys," junhui sighed in relief. he glanced at the clock. "i should probably go. i pushed my shift up to 6:30 today."

"ah, we'll leave you to it, then," wonwoo rubbed his back comfortingly. "see you around."

mingyu and wonwoo left junhui's apartment slightly worried about minghao.

"minghao has seemed a little quiet this semester," wonwoo said thoughtfully as they waited for the elevator.

"it's junhui and minghao. they'll be fine," mingyu said with a tone of finality.

+

[a/n]

disclaimer;
im just using the idols' names for characters in the play (theyre nice names, what can i say), and in no way are they meant to represent the real idols :)

actually that's true for every single fanfic so... bahahah oof