20

Y/n POV

We've been walking for days.

We haven't found anything to take shelter in.

Daryl has been more clingy to me than ever.

He's making sure I'm fine and not hungry. He does the same to Donna.

It gets a little annoying but I can deal with it.

I love him and that's all that matters.

Daryl went off to look for water and food.

He came back and stood by Donna and I at all times.

We approached something that was a little skeptical...

Water bottles sitting in the middle of the road.

Daryl walks up to them and picks up a paper.

From a Friend...

Daryl threw it down and looked around fast. Aiming his crossbow, looking around for any sign of people that are near. I grabbed my 22 caliber pistol from my pocket, and scanned the area.

We didn't see anyone or anything.
I decided to brake the silence.

"I mean it's water, right? Can we drink it?" I asked.

"Nah,...could be poisoned. Don't know who dropped it off..." Rick said.

"What if it was from a friend...?" Carl asked.

"Only one way to find out..." Eugene stated, picking up a bottle and unscrewing the top.

Abraham slapped the bottle out of his hand before it touched his lips.
I rolled my eyes knowing that Eugene did not want to live. He felt bad for tricking Abraham, Rosita, Glenn, and Maggie. I understand why...It was a dick move and shouldn't have been done. But still...He needs to survive...for us...

~~~

It began raining when we were staring at the mysterious water. Daryl had gone off and found a barn. We sit in the barn, with silence in the air. Around the fire to keep us warm, I laid on Daryl's lap half asleep.

Rick began to talk so I opened my eyes.

"We need to be a team...We're a family...but we need to work as a team. We've lost some people but we've also gained some people... We can't lose anyone else. We are the walking dead..." Rick said.

"We ain't them..." Daryl grumbled with a little of anger in his tone.

"We ain't them..." He said again, but a little quieter.

I looked around the fire to see all their faces. Tired, cold, hungry, thirsty...We could all die here..

I sat up and leaned my head on my knees in exhaustion.

"Let's go to bed..." Daryl mumbled and pulled me to my feet.

I yawned and leaned against his side for balance.

We made our way to the stable and laid down.
I moved my head to his chest and felt him flinch but soon softened at my touch. I smirked. He slowly wrapped his strong hands around my waist.

"Daryl, I love you so much...So much that I would die for you..." I admitted.

He held me tighter as I ran my fingers through Donna's hair as she slept.

"Ain't no need to die fo' me...I will always be 'er..." He said. "If anythin'...I'm the one that 'll die fo' ye'..." He said and kissed the top of my head gently.

I smiled. I ain't never heard him go that deep before...

"...and...I love ya' too..." He said.

I leaned up and kissed his cheek. I saw a small smile. He then reached one of his hands over to Donna and pulled her closer. He wrapped an arm around my waist and Donna's shoulder.

What did I ever do to deserve him...