Changing Worlds

My phone is ringing in the distance and I realize that I have fallen asleep again, listening to relaxing music. I put my headphones back in the bureau and hurried to get my phone. A sharp wave of sadness hits my body as I stare a the date on the screen. Ten months have passed since my parent's funeral was held. Those were the darkest days of my life, crying and begging God to bring them back even though I knew it was impossible.

I live by myself in the house we used to live in, and I just can't bear this anymore...too many memories were born here. My Aunt Clara has been telling me to come live with her since I got out of the hospital, that it will be much better. I just told her that I will let her know if I needed anything. She lives in New York, all the way across of the country. I'm starting to think now that it will be the best choice...

Shoving all my feelings to the side, I quickly check the missed call. Sure enough, it was my Aunt Clara.Without hesitation, I called back and waited for her to respond.

"There you are! " I could hear her smile behind that sweet, raspy voice.

"Hey." I say softly, feeling relief from hearing her wonderful voice.

"Look Hazel, I know this is quick and all but please listen. Today is the last day that I'm staying in Los Angeles. Tomorrow I will take the plane and land in four hours at New York...and I know that I've told you too many times to come with me ....so this is my last request." Time passed by and I just couldn't get the words to come out.But this might be good, because it means starting fresh in a new school and everything else.

"Please?" she pleaded me.These are good news and I will not miss anyone because I actually didn't have friends in here. As I said, new start.

"Yes." I let out the words.

Silence comes from the other end of the line.

"Aunt Clara?" I ask, beginning to get worried.

"Wait, did you say -"

"Yes!" I scream full of joy and chuckle as I hear her burst with excitement.

"Oh that's great! Well I'll see you tomorrow in the airport at seven in the morning. See ya!" I hear one last happy scream and with that she hung up.

Silence fills the room and I considered it would be good if I started to pack my clothes. So in minutes I had already grabbed half of my clothes out of my closet. However, I was still having a battle on which clothes I should take. So I left some of the old ones there and grabbed my makeup bag, my toothbrush, and other personal items.When I was almost done packing, I remembered something very special that I got for my birthday from my parents. Making my way to my bureau I opened the small red box that was laying on top. I opened it and a small breath came out of my mouth. It was a beautiful golden necklace with a heart that had diamonds around it. I opened the heart, inside was a small picture of my parents and I , celebrating my birthday on the backyard. On the side there were cursive letters printed that said 'we will always love you' .My eyes were beginning to sting and I completely lost it.I placed it on my chest and began crying, lifting the weight off my shoulders.

Today was the day that I had to feel relief and I had to find a way to be happy. So I took a hot bath to relax my muscles and put on my Panda pajamas. Then I set the alarm at 5 A.M. and looked outside my window. It wasn't that hot as it was in the day and the moon was whole, looking like a floating cheese in the sky. Realizing that I had to wake up early tomorrow, I stopped hallucinating and climbed on the bed, the necklace resting inside my hand.

~~~••••••~~~~••••~~~•••••~~~•••

"BEEEP, BEEPP!" the alarm roared and I jumped from my bed to put on my clothes. I decided to wear a simple blue dress with huge white flowers on the sides. For the shoes I just wore black boots with fur outside. I hurriedly went to the restroom and put some makeup on my face. I loved the color of my brown eyes, sometimes they looked green. That's what my mother used to tell me. No I can't cry or feel sad again, I have to feel happy today, like it was everyday before my parents died. Sniffing a little, I put my makeup bag on the suitcase and looked at the alarm slowly, hoping I wouldn't be late. The red glowing numbers were 6:30 , so I was alright for now.

In that instant I called my Aunt Clara( sometimes I called her Clar for short) and told her that I was heading to the airport. She just said that she would be waiting there for me. She was thirty one years old while I was almost eighteen and she was always really energetic .She says she acts like a 'teenager'.I just laughed when she said that. She moved to New York years ago....

"Thanks." I muttered to the driver as I got out of the cab. Thank God that I just arrived at the International Airport with my Aunt sitting at the benches inside. Wow, and let me tell you, it was super, SUPER full. She embraced me as she saw me and her eyes were really wide opened.

"Clar are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah sweetheart don't worry, I just drank two of those called '5 Hour Energy." she said as if it wasn't a big deal.

I just nodded and gave her a weird expression as they called us out for our flight....

"Home sweet home!" Aunt Clara shouted with delight as she sniffed the air when we got out of the New York Airport. A cab was waiting for us in the front and a gentleman helped us with our suitcases."Thank you." she says to the man as he just nods and walks away.

"Yey were finally here." she continues to talk.

"Yeah it was a long flight, I'm tired."

"I'm not tired at all." she grins at me.

"Yeah I can tell." I say sarcastically and feel a smile crossing my face for the first time in a long time.

The cab moved fast and it was drizzling outside , typical for New York. Clar lived on the outskirts of the city so there wasn't much traffic. There were many beautiful trees and buildings everywhere that I just couldn't wait to explore it.

"Here we are." Clar said as we arrived in what seemed a very short time .

Her house was two stories, with white stone all over. Her yard was a wonderful green and there were roses on the porch."It's beautiful Clar." I tell her and she can suddenly see how amazed I am.

" I know right?" she laughs and I can see that the energy drink is making her act weird. Anyways, I just shrug and help her bring down the suitcases. There was a beautiful Porche parked down on the highway and it was such a breathtaking sight. The whole neighborhood was evaded of two story houses.

As I made my way to the door and waited for my Aunt to open it with her keys, I started to get a weird feeling.

"We're here !" she shouted and I jumped from her reaction.Okay the drink made her cray-cray! I tried not to laugh from the way her arms were spread, I swear it looked so funny.

I cleared my throat."Listen Clar, I might just take a nap , tiredness is killing me." I said as I turned around and bumped into someone.

I looked up and my jaw dropped. It was a 'him' and he was ridiculously handsome. He was wearing a black coat with jeans and when I looked up at his face, I tried not to faint. His eyes were the color of the sky , which is very hot and unique. He had a muscular body and I reminded myself to breathe.

But wait a minute....Why is he here? Who the hell is this handsome guy? I tried not to throw up as the truth started to rush in my mind. I know who he is. How could I forget? He is my Aunt's adopted son! The one that I hate with all my strength. The one that embarrassed me in front of my whole school...in front of my old crush. Oh my God how could I forget.

He saw my expression and smirked. "Hello Hazie."

-----------------
Hey guys! Well I'm so excited for this part. I just wanted to write it already so here you go!

Enjoy!!!:D

-Love_Desires23