Barriers Aside

"I don't want to talk about it." he says as his blue eyes get colder.I wonder what had happened between these two.Maybe one day I can ask Alex.
I shrug, it might be to painful to tell it."It's fine Taylor." I say as I swallow a big chunk of ice cream.He smiles and then gets serious.

"Are you in any sports?" He asks, looking down at his big cup of ice cream.

I snort hard, which causes Taylor to instantly look up from his cup.I blush, and now it's my turn to look down.

"Does it seem like it?" I blurt out and laugh coldly. I've never really been interested in sports.

"Well, I was just...you know... curious."

"What about you?" I ask, even though I already know the answer to this.

"I'm in basketball, ever since I was 8 years old. It's my passion." He licks some ice cream from his lips and I instantly get butterflies in my stomach.

"Basketball seems boring." I say absentmindedly and before I could take it back, he answers me.

"What? Really? I've never met a girl like you.Mostly everybody just wants to date me because of my good looks, or what I play."

"Well, I'm different." I smile and he reaches across the table to grab my hand.He cups my hand softly and gently, feeling so warm and secure.

"I know that, since the moment I saw you." He smiles back and I blush again, but he puts a finger on my chin, making me look at him straight in his dark , beautiful eyes.

He leans in, and soon were centimeters away from each other.I could feel his hot , sweet breath on my lips, making my mind go crazy.I want him, really bad. Not knowing what I'm doing, I put both of my hands on each side of his face and tangle them on his hair, waiting for his lips to meet mine...

"Taylor , hi!!" The hot, blonde chick that was with Alex, randomly appears and we brake apart from each other.What a great time.

"Hello Trisha." He waves his hand for a second and never parts his eyes away from me.I do though, part our connection and meet Alex's intense gaze on me.I feel a chill go up my spine.

"Hazel." His deep voice pierces the calm atmosphere around us.

"Alex." I whisper and look away.

"We were actually leaving so if you excuse me." Taylor moves to the side and stands up, offering me his hand.

I take it without hesitation and feel secure on his grip as I stand up.

"See you guys at school!" Trisha's squeaky voice makes me cringe but I try to keep myself together.

Taylor smiles warmly at her and ignores Alex the whole entire time.I smile as we reach the door of Sprinkles and he opens it for me, rain hitting my face softly and I sigh in pleasure.Got to love rain.

Alex relaxes next to me and I look at his beautiful face.I am speechless, his lips and jaw are perfectly crafted and the way that his hair falls over those eyes, Oh God .Suddenly a honk form a furious car scares me and I gasp in fear..He laughs and wraps his arm around my shoulder, taking us to his car.He opens the door for me and I slowly climb inside the comfortable sports car."Hey would you like to come to my house?" I offer him with a nice, bright smile.

"Sure." he grins and I melt, feeling like of my knees are made of jelly.He reaches for a button, which suddenly makes the whole car feel warm and I sink comfortably into my leather seat.

"So Hazel, are you living with your parents?" he glances at me, as he taps the steering wheel rhythmically.

I gasp, feeling everything inside me tear down.I breathe in and out slowly to keep out the tears that are to come.Every time somebody mentions them, I feel that it was my fault that I killed them.My stupid fault! If it wasn't for me they would be here with me.We would be having a nice time in the backyard, talking about school or my dad's crazy childhood moments.....