Inferno Camp

"I'm truly speechless."

Aunt Clara says as she shuts the front door and leans against it. I glance through the window quickly, watching the cops outside slowly walk towards their car.

"The one night I am out, you guys decide to make a party. Hold on, who pays the bills? Who cleans the house? Who works many hours a week to maintain ourselves? Who!?" Aunt Clara's face is bright red from frustration. I have truly never seen her quite like this before.

"I'm so disappointed in both of you nut heads. Especially you." she focuses her burning gaze at me. Disappointment overwhelms me in this very moment. I avoid looking at Alex, who is right next to me. He appears to be staring straight into my aunt. There doesn't seem to be a trace of remorse in him.

"I never expected this behavior coming from you Hazel. I thought you were the mature one in this household, but how wrong was I." She clicks her tongue and appears to be in deep thought as she looks down at the ground.

"Your parents would be really disappointed if they were here."

Her words pierced through my soul, causing me pain. Words do have the power to break. My eyes suddenly begin to sting but I fight to keep the tears back.

"I'm deeply, truly sorry about this Aunt Clara." I blurt out, struggling to keep my balance. Alex quickly maintains me in place, helping me not fall to the ground. He reeks of cigar and beer, probably like me too. I cringe at the thought of it. When did I become like this? I was never a party girl. All my life I've been an introvert, always choosing the comfort of home from parties with friends. Occasionally I would go out with my besties in California but only to the mall or movies. Thats it, nothing else. Sadly, I have let Alex take control over me.

" It wasn't her fault mother. Blame it all on me." Alex, surprisingly blurts out.

"I was the one who planned the party. Hazel didn't have anything to do with it. She was just having a sleepover with her friend and I had randomly decided to have a party with friends. It's my fault for making her part of it. She's truly innocent. I will pay for the consequences." He glances sideways at me and I am shocked at his revelation. Who thought he would be owning up to it? I can't believe he is defending me, that's a first.

Aunt Clara waves a hand and looks as if she's had enough of it. If it was possible, she would've exploded of anger in another dimension.

" I don't want to hear it anymore. I don't care who's innocent or whatever the hell. All I hear is bullshit coming out of your pretty little mouths. I just can't believe it! Hazel you literally just had surgery! You're supposed to be taking care of yourself for god sake! And you Alex! Just as I was starting to believe you were more responsible....Listen to me very clearly. This will be taken care of and you guys will make up for it. Do you understand? Now, go to your rooms! Both of you!" She grinds her teeth and points upstairs. She is seriously pissed at us. In her eyes I used to be an angel, but now I am the devil.

"I'm so so sorry." I look at her one last time and sprint upstairs to my room. However, Alex stays downstairs and seems as if he's talking to her.

I close the door and lock it, feeling extremely dizzy as I jump to my bed. My aunt is so right, I should be taking care of myself. I can't believe I'm being so careless right now. What is wrong with me!? I begin to cry and the tears fall down my sheets and into my pillow as I remember what my aunt said.

Your parents would be really disappointed if they were here.

There couldn't be a more correct statement. What would my parents be thinking of my irresponsible and irrational behavior? They would be very disappointed with me that's for sure. I need to go back to my good ways and remember my morals. I was raised to be a good, understanding person, not a careless freak.