Stepbrother pt.2 (Tadashi)

So now here we are in the dining room, having the dinner I've never had in years. Mom usually work till around 11 at night which meant no home cooked food = no good food = microwavable food = sad life.

I internally sigh in delight. 'Beautiful masterpieces,' I thought. Mr. Hamada ate while chatting with my mom. I've never seen the sparkle in her eyes for ages. It's a good thing Mr. Hamada could bring it back.

I would approve their marriage in the future. I'm just glad that my mom could find happiness again.

My dad left us when I was 3, meaning that my mom was 28 at the time. I didn't know the reason behind and I dare not ask my mom. Every time I mention about him, she just turned a cold shoulder towards me. I kept quiet of that ever since.

I ate my food silently, staring across the table, laughing softly at the sight of Hiro's food all over his mouth. I handed him a napkin to wipe the food around his lips.

Tadashi however, noticed what (Y/N) did. He stared at her for a while, observing her actions.

At the corner of his eye, Mr. Hamada noticed Tadashi staring at (Y/N). But he only took it as a brotherly gesture.

"(Y/N), that's very kind of you," Mr. Hamada spoke up.

"Don't worry, it's nothing much," I replied. I glanced at my mom and she slightly winked at me. 'Good.' I can imagine her say.

I looked back at Mr. Hamada and cast a small smile, then resuming to my heavenly dinner.

"Darling, the steak was amazing! How did you cook such wonderful dishes?" He smiled charmingly at mom.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," she giggled playfully.

"The mash potato and mushroom soup is my favourite!" Hiro exclaimed, digging in the soup. Mom laughed at him.

"What about you, Tadashi? Which is your favourite?" She look at him.

"Probably the aglio olio spaghetti," he mumbled out as he slice the meat.

After dinner was finished, everyone was so stuffed that they couldn't move away from the couch. "(Y/N), do the dishes," my mom commanded. "But.....mom," I whined. "I'm so freaking tired. And doing all that by myself? No thanks."

"Maybe Tadashi can help you with that." Mr. Hamada spoke out.

"Yeah, are you alright with that?" Mom asked Tadashi.

"Sure," he replied. I was shocked by his response. Never have I ever thought that he would be eager to wash the dishes. "So you'll wash the dishes and I'll wipe it clean and nice," I exaggerated. "Hey, I'm older!" He exclaimed. "But we're the same age!" I protested. "Well, he's older by 2 months." Mr. Hamada informed.

"But still....." I tried to find a reason but honestly, the true reason is just that I'm lazy and tired.

"Also, he's a guest. You wash while Tadashi dry 'em," mom ordered. "Fine," I sighed.

I walked to the kitchen and as soon as I walked in, Tadashi wrapped his arms around my waist. "(Y/N)," his warm breath fanned my neck.

"No, Tadashi. Stop."

Truth is, in front of my mom and his dad, we acted awkward and we barely talk to each other. But if only they noticed the joined hands underneath the table that got us to eat using only one hand. If only they noticed how we looked at each other adoringly. It may seemed like a brotherly or sisterly gesture, but really, it wasn't.

We actually have been dating for about 2 years. Ever since we were 15. After a year, when we heard the news about my mom falling in love with Mr. Hamada, I didn't want to ruin that happiness for her. She was so happy and giddy that I couldn't bring myself to say that, "He's my boyfriend's father." She didn't even know about me having a boyfriend. But if they ask anyone at our school, they'll be like, "Oh yeah, Tadashi and (Y/N) are the school's top couple." Although we both kept quiet about our relationship, I have no idea why but it became well known in our school.

I sighed, turning around to face Tadashi. "We can't. Not in front of them."

"Who cares," his bad boy side kicked in. "I don't even mind that. I know you wanted us to avoid being together but you know that you want me to be yours. And you know that I want you to be mine."

"But we are not the main character. Our parents are." Sometimes, Tadashi can be selfish. But I know he just wants us to be together. He sighed. "I know it's a good thing to see our parents who once lost their love regained happiness again but I.....wish there could be an us too." He snuggled his head at the crook of my neck. I could feel is lips frowning against my skin.

I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Maybe." I hugged him tight and planted a kiss on his shoulder. "Maybe not."

----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I know I'm starting to be annoying coz I always separate the story into parts but anywaysss, hope you like it.
Hint for the next part:

Some secrets are not meant to be told.

-----------------------------------------------------------