cat and mouse

Hey everyone! This part might suck or be short, but I hope you like it anyway. I just wanted to get the idea out of my head, so I'm writing this, even if it might not be my best work. Let's get on with the part already before I start rambling.

Your heart still hurt from the failed date with Kyle, how were you supposed to get over witnessing a murder? What if the killer came back for you? He already knew your name, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think he knew where you lived.

Blowing your nose on a tissue from a box on your coffee table, you laid there limply on your couch, wallowing in your sorrow, and watching your favorite show to pass the time. You hadn't been doing much as of late, you only got up for food, water, and to go to the bathroom, so you pretty much had an indention of your body pressed into your (couch color) couch, which wasn't exactly healthy, but you didn't care. You laid there for a few hours, staring numbly at the t.v, not really paying attention to it, before you finally started to drift off into your subconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you woke up the t.v was off, and the whole living room was thrown into shadows and silence, along with that you felt warmer than you did when you went to sleep, and your (s/f/c) blanket was heavier than it was before. Eh, it's probably just the cat laying on me. you thought before closing your eyes and trying to go back to sleep, but a sudden realization made your blood run cold. Your cat had runaway months ago. Your (e/c) eyes went wide with pure fear, all sense of exhaustion had disappeared as a welling sense of fear ran through your body like a lightning bolt, what was laying next to you?

You couldn't stop a shiver of tense fear from racking through your body while you turned around to see the man who had warned you of the electrical fence a few weeks ago, but why was he on your couch? In the darkness of your house, you could slightly make out the strangers sleeping face, his arm was thrown around you as if the two of you were spooning or something. (if you don't know what spooning is, it's just cuddling of sorts, look it up.)

You stared at his sleeping face for a few minutes before a light sound of laughter caught your attention. "Am I that interesting that you just lay there and stare at me?" The man asked, his voice sounding like that of someone who was laughing at a joke while half asleep.

Before you could stop yourself, a shrill scream ripped out of your throat as you scrambled back until you fell heavily onto your floor. "Shut it, if you wake anyone up your house will become a crime scene." The intruder warned menacingly, looking down at you from where he still laid on the couch. You sat there on the ground, your feet still tangled in your blanket on the couch, with tears fighting to escape your eyes while the whole scene soaked in. You were in a life or death situation.

In an instant your fight or flight instinct kicked in, and you struggled to get away, to try and get out for help, but your blanket just became more tangled around you legs the more you struggled, making you flop around like a fish out of water which made the stranger on your couch burst into a fit of laughter. Finally, you were able to get out of your blanket, and crawl to the door with the intruder laughing behind you, and surprisingly you were able to pull open the door and run outside into the darkness of the late night. You could hear the man's laughter come to an abrupt stop as you shut the door, and made a mad dash for the street, praying to find someone who could help you, someone who would get you to safety.

In a matter of seconds you heard the brunette chasing you, still giggling slightly as he grew closer, but now his laugh was more of a sadistic murderers laugh before he killed you. You didn't dare chance a glance behind you as you ran as fast as your legs could carry you, but you still weren't fast enough to shake the creep. A few minutes of running made you feel as if you were about to faint, but luckily you spotted someone walking down the street, a tall man with a dirty yellow hoodie on and a pair of jeans was walking down the street humming to himself.

Putting on your last burst of speed, you fought to get away from your pursuer, who was actually beginning to slow down the closer you got to the stranger. "H-hey! Please help me!" You cried, tears of both relief and fear springing to your eyes as you caught the mans attention, and made him stop ahead of you. Thankfully, you began to slow as you neared him, the sounds of being chased had faded as who ever was chasing you seemed to have given up.

"Are you O.K? What's wrong?" The man in the yellow hoodie asked, his green eyes looking you over curiously as you stood panting in front of him.

"Th-th-there's a man chasing me, please, call the police." You heaved, tears still pouring down your face as you spoke, begging the man to aid you in your escape. "Really?" The stranger said, his eyes wide with what seemed like surprise, you nodded as much as you could while you wiped tears from your eyes. You were finally safe. The guy looked around nervously, his black hair falling into his eyes as he scanned the deserted street around you.

"Alright, come over here, I don't want you getting hurt." The man said, taking a strong hold of your wrist and dragging you towards the shadows of a nearby street light. "Thank you." You squeaked, following the person as he led you to a dark place out of sight of any prying eyes. The farther you walked, the more uneasy you got.

After a few moments, the man stopped in the darkest shadows, still holding your wrist in a death grip, when you tried to pull it away the man only tightened his grip until he was nearly breaking your wrist. "Hey, you can let go now." You said, trying to tear the mans hand off of your tiny wrist, but he wouldn't budge, he didn't even respond. "We can't have you running off again, so I don't think he should let you go." A sickly familiar voice teased from behind you, the scent of the brunettes strong cologne caught your senses, making you freeze and nearly choke on fear.

The man in front of you looked back at you with a dull expression, the same expression he had the whole time, not a shred of emotion in his gaze, he had tricked you. "Thanks for being on the look out, hoodie. I know you don't like showing your face, but I knew she wouldn't be easy to tame, so I wanted someone that wasn't as volatile as Toby to keep an eye out for her incase she ran." The man behind you said, wrapping his arms around your waist as he spoke to the sociopath who was loosing his grip, and releasing your wrist. "Sure masky, I'm not doing it again though." Hoodie grumbled before walking away, leaving you and the one he had called 'masky' to stand there in a deathly silence.

"Now, let's go home, and if you don't run off again, I will forgive this little outburst." Masky purred, his smooth tone hiding a cruel intent that made your soul curl up and cry, you knew there was no way out of this. He would chase you down for the rest of your life.

Even with that in your mind, you weren't going to lay down like a dog. Using all of your strength that you had left in your body, you squirmed and struggled against the guys tight grip. The two of you fought for a moment, until masky had turned you around, and held you in a tight grip by the arms.

You kicked out one last time before a sharp force whipped your head to the side, sending your (h/l), (h/c) into your face as your cheek began to sting viciously, making you stop in your tracks. "Now, don't make me do that again, or you won't be conscious enough to stand like you are now." Masky warned, glaring at you with cold blue eyes as you stood there in silence.

Content with your lack of fight, Masky scooped you up like a child, and carried you home, smiling to himself with a dark intent. While he walked, you couldn't do much else except wrap your arms around his neck, and cry into his orange bomber jacket. You were doomed.

Hey, once again sorry if it wasn't the absolute best, but I hope you enjoyed the story anyway. I'll have another part up soon, so stay tuned. Peace!