the closest thing to an apology

Hey guys! Nice to see you again, especially after such a long wait for the next part of this story. Also, sorry for the lack of a lemon, just use your imagination, because I do not feel comfortable just yet writing a lemon on a public website, but if you want a book of them, leave a comment, and I'll get around to it.

For once, you were happy to come into work. Being (job of choice) was usually the low part of your day, but after having a murderous stalker sticking around your house while you were trying to walk again, you were more than happy to walk into your place of work. letting out a content sigh, you went to enter the place where you actually worked within the building, but you were stopped when you were just about to open the door, your boss stopped you, and simply handed you a box, "Try not to have your mail sent to your work anymore, O.K.?" they said as you took the box, and went to open it.

You hardly noticed when your boss walked away; you were too busy pulling open the box. Inside of the medium-sized box was a bunch of tissue paper, but underneath was a small ring box with a small note taped to it.

Dear (y/n),

I know I should've told you what I expected from you before I punished you so severely, so here is a small gift for you to make up for it.

The note said, it was obviously from Masky, so you tried to ignore it, and turn to the actual gift. The velveteen box was soft and small, when you opened it you saw a thin, diamond incrusted, golden bracelet that was beautiful, but you refrained from wearing. After all, it could be stolen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your shift ended as it usually did, and you were ready to go home and relax, until the gnawing fear of encountering Masky when you got home. Pushing down the sensation, you turned up the music, and enjoyed the ride home. It was nice and peaceful.

Suddenly, a blur of orange fell in front of your car and smashed into your windshield, causing you to slam on the brakes at the last second. In a split second you were out of the car, and rushing over to the fallen man, it was Masky. You didn't exactly like the pervert, but the sight of him on the asphalt made you tear up as you cradled his head while he laid unconscious. You heard a sadistic laugh from the curb and looked up to see a tall brown haired boy standing there twitching as he laughed at the fallen murderer, next to him with a black ski mask with two red eyes and a red frown stitched into it covering his face, was the same sociopath who helped Masky catch you. While his companion laughed, the second man in the yellow hoodie walked over and removed the mask from the unconscious mans face, revealing a blood covered face that almost seemed like he was sleeping.

Snapping out of your shock, you dialed 9-1-1 and notified them of the accident through your tears. Your (e/c) eyes stung from the crying, and the tears stained your (s/c) cheeks as you waited for the ambulance. For once in your time with him, you were feeling a sprout of affection make itself known, informing you that it had always been there.

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the story, and if you did then you can leave a vote, or a comment with a new idea for a part. Peace, and thank you so much for the reader.