~Nine~

Levi's POV
My eyes slowly lifted after I had gotten a few hours of sleep. I felt unsatisfied with my sleep as my insomnia kept me from actually getting a good night's sleep. I always got around two or three hours max. That's why I do all my work at night. I can't help it, it's just how it is.

Today was going to be different. I glanced out the window and remembered that (y/n) and I fell asleep early in the day. I hope she slept well and doesn't have the same issues as I do.

I reached out to find my phone on the nightstand next to my bed, patting around the top of it like an idiot until I felt it under my palm. I picked it up and brought it to my face to check the time- 12:18 PM. Good. I actually got an hour extra of sleep than usual, a whole four hours. I turned my head to face the kitchen, making me realize how hungry I was. Did I forget breakfast? Wouldn't be the first time, but I still felt hungry.

I crawled out of the bed, my body still heavy from the lack of sleep, and headed towards the kitchen. I would've thought that I would get used to the feeling seeing as how this has been a problem for me for all of my life, but I guess not.

I opened the miniature pantry just left of the stove, which looked more like a closet if anything, and pulled out the ingredients for just a sandwich. It didn't take long to make as I just used a couple slices of bread and some peanut butter. Was it the best thing I've ever made? Not at all, but it should take the edge off of the hunger. I prefer to make more delectable dishes rather than this. I used to cook for a while before joining up with the police force, mainly for my uncle who wasn't around much to begin with and my mother.

I quickly devoured the sandwich and headed over to my bed to watch a little television. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, which I haven't turned on since we've been here. Apparently whoever had this apartment room before me and (y/n) was deaf or something because the sound was extremely loud. I frantically turned the volume down to a comfortable decibel level so that I wouldn't wake up (y/n).

I really hope that this didn't scare her awake. I probably wouldn't hear the end of it if it did. Curious, I slipped out of bed and quietly walked over to her door. I creaked the door open to get a view of the inside of her room, and as light filtered in, saw a horrific sight.

Her room was a mess. She had a few articles of clothing scattered on the floor and a jacket hanging over the chair by her desk to the point where it could fall off if was touched. Folders were stacked unevenly with a few sheets of paper sticking out in disarray, some more slanting out than others.

She wasn't looking all that perfect at the moment either. Her (h/l) (h/c) hair was tangled and rough across her head, a few bangs covering her face. She was asleep, thankfully, with body facing the direction of the door. She had her right hand balled up near her lips, covering her mouth, and her left bicep was being used as a pillow with the rest of her arm hanging behind her head. Her T-shirt sleeves were revealing her shoulders and part of her shirt slid up her stomach. Her wrinkled bed sheets were open, but she was choosing to sleep on the mattress cover without the blankets, so they just outlined her back.

I continued to observe the pig sty she slept in and felt an urge to clean. How can anyone live in a place like this and be able to sleep? It's a complete mess. I really want to clean it, however, I don't think she would appreciate it as much as I would. Or would she? I guess I'll never know until I try.

I sneaked into her room, keeping the door slightly cracked to keep as little light in as possible. If she woke up with me in here, she'd get upset for sure. That, or she would be freaked out.

I picked up every piece of clothing that was on the floor and folded it neatly, smoothing out any wrinkles that were present, and placed in on her dresser near the television. I have no idea how long they've been there, so it would probably be a good idea to throw those into the washer later. I slid over to her poor excuse of an organized desk and began to organize the case files along with the folders.