~Thirteen~

Your POV

I awoke to the sound of my phone vibrating as if it was going through its own earthquake, violently shaking on my nightstand. I reached over where I recall it being and felt around, following the strength of the shock waves it emitted. After a few moments of no luck, I sleepily opened an eye to find it, and was quickly completely woken up as I took in my surroundings.

Fire was everywhere, but there was no heat coming off the flames. It quickly engulfed the entire room I was in, like some kind of famished monster. I leaped out of bed, some how already in my uniform, and saw Levi with my brother in the distance.

I called their names as I swiftly maneuvered through the fire, the sky pitch black and filled with ash. I came as close as I could to them before I could move any more. Nothing was restraining me at all, I just froze still as I watched them from afar. They called me over, but I insisted that I was unable to. Before I knew it, two deafening shots rang out causing me to briefly flinch.

The second I reopened my eyes, two corpses were laying on the ground as a dark figure stood above them. The figure had the hood and scythe that was associated with death, and a devilish smirk as his red glowing eyes glared at me.

"Nothing you can do can change this..." It huffed to me in an ominous whisper. "Nothing at all..."

Seconds later, I truly opened my eyes and shot forward from my bed. I was sweating and trying to catch my breath. I quickly looked around my room and softly sighing a sigh of relief as everything was the way it should be. Still neatly organized from the last time Captain Clean Freak came in, except the few stray parts that I adjusted later on.

I managed to calm myself down and would feel like I could ease up more with a relaxing shower. I got up, grabbed a change of uniform clothing, and went into the bathroom to freshen up. The water took forever to warm up, but it finally did. I got undressed and went in, relaxing as the warm water repelled off my skin and down to the ground.

I quickly cleaned myself as I needed to and got dressed. However, as I left the bathroom, I should've checked the time for when my day was supposed to start. It was 3 AM, and I didn't have to get up today until 6 AM.

"Are you friggin' kidding me right now...?" I groaned quietly as I made it over to my bed, dropping myself on top of it to relax some.

Three whole hours before I was supposed to get up... What was I supposed to do with my time? Sure, I could go over the different interviews that we took the other day and still had to go over, but I had already reviewed the case as much as I could and really didn't want to read all of them by myself at three in the morning.

I sat up on my bed and grabbed the remote to the TV in my room. Although it was a small apartment, they did give us the room with an extra television, which was nice. I turned on the TV and quickly turned down the sound in case it was at some unreasonable level. Thankfully it wasn't, and I flipped through the different free channels that we were given. To not much surprise, there was nothing on.

I turned it off and dreadfully turned my head towards the few files on my desk, all of them the interviews of Exosin employees. I slowly forced myself off the bed and went over to them to get some more information on the case, if they were involved or if they knew anything about the ties. Basically anything suspicious.

I dug around each file carefully and found nothing at all that seemed suspicious. Body language was listed and they all just seemed confused and fine. But what I couldn't forget was the guy that stopped by the other day asking us to stop our investigation. Why would he do that?

I remembered the little fact that when the company was under the view of the police that they later were dropped, all cases and all investigating stopped. Could whoever that was be the person why all this happened? I'm almost certain that he was, and I'm pretty sure that he was sent by someone in Exosin that doesn't want to get caught. Whoever they were, we are not going to stop until they are brought to justice.