~Belated Christmas Special~

The events of this story are not in the plot line of the story. They are separate from the current tale. Just to clear things up! This also isn't going to be a full-length chapter, so no 3000+ words. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas~!
______________________________

Your POV
My alarm began to start as it always did, early in the morning around seven. I put it on snooze and quickly got out of bed. Today was Christmas, and also Levi's birthday. Since we've been on this case for quite some time now, I felt like I knew him more than the average person.

I got myself dressed and peeked into the other room where Levi slept, and still was surprisingly. His curtains were closed and he was softly snoring, his hair a mess but still perfectly wrapped underneath his blanket, except his left foot which was barely sticking out from under it. The room was still dark, and a little bit of light was emitting from the small Christmas tree on the table, the kind that one would find on an office desk.

Seeing him still asleep gave me some time to get the present I got him, a new tea kit and some of his favorite tea, all wrapped as neatly as I could so his OCD wouldn't drive him nuts. I went back into my room and took out the present that I was hiding in one of my drawers, wrapped in colorful Christmas paper and with a nice ribbon and bow on top.

I quietly go to the edge of my room, peeking out again to check if he was still asleep. Thankfully his insomnia wasn't waking him up right now. I stealthily tip-toed over to the table next to his bed and softly placed the gift on top, near Levi's phone. I slightly smiled as I saw him sleep, finally getting some much needed rest. Then again, I don't know how recently he fell asleep, but hopefully it was hours ago. Maybe I should've been a jerk and gotten him a makeup kit for his dark circles? Nah, I don't want to get fired.

I quietly went over into the kitchen and began making some breakfast for him, hoping that he liked some eggs, toast, and a little bit of bacon. The smells from my cooking began to fill in the room, also waking Levi up. He softly groans and sleepily rubs his eyes, still laying on his back.

"(Y/n)...?" He sleepily mumbles as he starts to gradually sit up, continuing to rub his eyes.

"Sorry, good morning Levi." I said quietly, knowing that he'd probably kill me if I showed any excitement early enough in the morning. "Sleep well?"

"No... I thought you'd know that answer by now...?" He groans through a yawn, stretching his arms above his head. "What day is it...?"

"It's Christmas!" I said with a bit of joy in my voice. "And someone's birthday~"

"Who's?" He says as he fully wakes up, crawling out of bed to open his curtains. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. It was still early enough I guess, so he might just be oblivious.

"Yours Levi." I informed him with a small chuckle, finishing making the eggs and bacon, and preparing the toast.

"Oh right." He replies tiredly as he goes over to the kitchen to grab the plate I made for him, completely ignoring the present on the table.

"Yep." I replied, acting as if I didn't see the present either. Maybe he saw it and would just get to it later? I wasn't entirely sure at this point, I was still waking up a little myself. My small burst of energy not too long ago was short lived and tiredness began to settle in.

"Thanks for breakfast." He mumbled as he began to eat what I prepared.

"Yeah, no problem." I replied to him as I finished making his toast. "It's nice that we have today off, right?"