~Ten~

Your POV
I followed Levi to the building that would more than likely be our workplace for the next few days, or weeks, who knows how long Mr. Meslburg will have us if at all. I hope he would understand our reasoning and let us protect him, but if not, there wasn't much to be done.

The building looked like a typical skyscraper on the outside with the enormous "EXOSIN" letters in bold near the top of the building, but the entry room was rather open and grand that appeared almost to be like a hotel. There was an empty receptionist desk in the back right corner of the room and an elevator along with a flight of stairs a few feet away on the left.

Elaborate and abstract paintings decorated the empty walls and solid black furniture was placed along the glass opening as a waiting room. Levi and I headed to the elevator and began to head to the fifteenth floor, in the middle of the building, where Mr. Melsburg's office resided.

On our way up in the elevator, Levi instructed me that I was to do absolutely no talking. He wanted to handle this himself and would have me speak only when he wants me to. I understood his intention behind it as I didn't want to screw anything up, but I still felt irritated for some reason.

We arrived after a few short seconds into the fifteenth floor and exited the elevator. The floor was open and cubicles were everywhere, yet it was completely deprived of workers. There was a door in the far back of the room that we only assumed was Nathan's office. Levi led the way as we both uniformly walked over, me feeling slightly nervous for no apparent reason.

Levi knocked on the door when we arrived and were quickly welcomed in by a security guard. The office was spacious with dark blue carpeting throughout the floor. A dark wooden desk with a large desktop screen, photo frame, and a small vase with a white orchid on top of it. Everything was precise and in place, neatly organized; from the paintings on the snow white walls to the books on a bookcase behind his desk and on the wall to our right just past the door.

"Welcome Captain Ackerman and Officer (l/n), please come in." A strong yet gentle voice echoed in the room and welcomed us. Seeing as how he was the only person to know our names, let alone our ranking, was Nathan Melsburg. Levi sent him an email earlier that we would be here, however it was confusing as to why he wasn't referring to us as our undercover names.

"Sorry for calling you two out here so early. I didn't want to cause problems with workers and researchers. You probably know but we went under investigation a while back for stealing some files and officers had to come here as well. It scared some of my employees into resigning." Mr. Melsburg explained to us. He kept his face hidden from behind the screen while tapping his fingers on the ebony keyboard to probably finish any paperwork.

"It's not a problem sir." Levi informed him.

"Good. Sorry for not being a better host, but I have some other documents that are rather important that I need to finish. You can tell me what I need to know."

"Sir, we know that one of your employees has a connection to a possible murder suspect. They have talked rather negatively towards you when we had the opportunity to meet them, and we just want to make sure that they aren't involved with any of the murders we are investigating, we would appreciate it if we could act as your body guards for the time." Levi explained in detail to Mr. Melsburg.

I found it interesting that he kept the name of Alaya Bishopp a secret, but I understood his motive. He and I are supposed to keep a close eye on her and make sure that her brother isn't getting into trouble, or her for that matter. She did have an overly hostile attitude towards Nathan, but it could just seen an angry employee at their job. My mother had a couple of those rages with a previous employer, so I understand.