Chapter Three

Barry walked outside with his lunch and sat down next to Cisco at a roundtable. He opened his drink as Cisco smiled at him. Barry looked at him and raised an eyebrow." Why are you staring at me like that?" He questioned.

" How's working with Oliver?" He asked as Caitlin and Felicity sat down.

" Fine," Barry assured before he took a drink.

Cisco made a noise and raised his eyebrows a little." Barry, where are your glasses?" Caitlin wondered.

" I broke them," Barry told.

" On purpose," Felicity added, taking a bite of his food.

" Barry," Caitlin said.

" I'm sorry, I look like I'm from the sixties in them. I don't like wearing them in public places," Barry quickly told.

Cisco let out a small chuckle and nodded." You do look like your from the sixties. I mean those circle glasses," Cisco began and made circles around his eyes with his hands.

" Cisco," Caitlin warned, trying not to laugh.

He put down his hands and Barry felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned his head and saw no one before he looked back around." Oliver," Barry said.

" On Saturday, my friend and I are having a party at my house. You should come, bring your group of friends with you," Oliver informed.

Barry gave him a small nod." It starts at eight," He added before he turned and walked over to a table of jocks.

Barry turned and looked at them." So," He began.

" I'm in," Cisco smiled and put an arm around Barry's shoulders.

" I'm free Saturday," Caitlin told and Felicity nodded.

Cisco put his hands on the table with a grin across his face." Good, it's settle. Party Saturday."

    Barry heard Joe call for him downstairs. He took a breath and closed his laptop. He walked downstairs and looked at him. Joe waved a pair of glasses up and Barry raised his eyebrows." Don't try to break them again, Barry. You need them to see," He told.

Barry took them and nodded." I won't." He placed them on his face." Promise."

Joe nodded back with a small smile. A buzzing interrupted what Joe was about to say next. Barry pulled out his phone and looked at it." Hey, Joe, can I go to Oliver Queen's house for a project?" Barry wondered.

" Of course, just be home for dinner. I'm gonna go check up on Iris then I will drop you off before heading back to work," Joe answered.

He patted Barry's shoulder then made his way upstairs. Barry went to his room and picked up his laptop bag. He waited by the doorway. Joe came back down and they both got into the car.

    Barry closed Joe's door and walked up to the Queen's mansion. He glanced around the yard before ringing the doorbell. Adjusting his laptop strap, he looked back at the yard. It was so much bigger than what he had at Joe's house." Barry, you're here," Oliver said.

Barry looked at him." I am. Hi." 

Oliver smiled some." I like the glasses. Come in," He gestured forward, opening the door up more.

Barry smiled back and walked in. Oliver closed the door and walked in front of him. Barry parted his lips to say something." Why don't I show you around the house before we get started?" Oliver offered.

" That's sound fun. Okay," Barry agreed.

Oliver started walking into the living room. A girl was standing there. She smiled as she saw Oliver. She came forward." Laurel, what are you doing here?" Oliver questioned.

" I was coming to see if you wanted to come to hang out with the football team at the nearby diner." She put her hand to his chest and kissed him.

" Barry and I were going to work on the project.  I was just showing him around before we started," Oliver informed." I can text you later."

She looked at Barry." Hi, I'm Laurel," She introduced.

" I know. We've, actually met before. Your dad works with Joe West and vice verse. We've talked a few times before this moment," He explained.

" You're the kid Joe West adopted a few years ago? Your dad is in jail for killing your mom?" She questioned.

Barry tightened his grip on his bag." Yeah," He mumbled.

She gave him a small smile then kissed Oliver." I'll text you later Ollie." She stepped away from Oliver." Bye, Barry."

She walked to the front door. Oliver rubbed his neck." Let's finish the tour," Oliver suggested then started forward.

  Barry followed behind him. Quiet for a few minutes as they passed into the dining room." I didn't realize you were rich. I thought you were like the rest of us."

Oliver glanced over his shoulder." The rest of us?" He repeated.

" I didn't mean for that to sound weird, I just mean most of us have suburban housing. There aren't many people with big houses like this," Barry corrected himself. He pressed his lips together." That sounded kinda bad."

" You're fine. You can say whatever you like," Oliver assured.

Barry let out a breath." Trust me, you don't want to hear some of the things I want to say," He muttered under his breath.

Oliver opened up the back door and let Barry out first.