Chapter Eight

Barry pushed his glasses up as he walked down the stairs. Iris looked up from the tv. Eddie's arm went around her." Barry, why are you dressed up and wearing your glasses?" She questioned.

" STAR Lab is reopening. Plus, I have a fake date."

" Fake date?" Eddie frowned.

Barry nodded as his phone buzzed in his pocket." Hard to explain. I'm helping someone who needs dating advice."

" Okay then," Eddie shook his head as he frowned.

Barry took out his phone and read the text from Oliver." Alright. I'm leaving. I'll see you guys later."

" Be safe," Iris waved.

Barry waved back as he opened the front door. He walked up to Oliver who was wearing a suit and tie." Start your test whenever I'm ready," Oliver told.

" Your first mistake. Your outfit. It's saying 'I'm gonna steal the Declaration of Independence', not 'I don't care for science, but I'm here for you and no one else'," Barry pointed out." Minus 2 points." He reached up, loosening Oliver's tie." Never wear a suit unless needed."

" Wait, you're scoring me on this?" Oliver questioned." I thought it was just a yes or no kind of thing."

Barry took off the tie and unbuttoned two buttons." Yep. You need a B to keep your man. C+ is acceptable. "

" That puts pressure on me, Barry. What if I screw up?" Oliver shook his head.

Barry shrugged." Welcome to the dating life, my friend."

Oliver opened the car door and let Barry sit down before he closed it. As Oliver sat down, Barry buckled up." Being a gentleman. That's two points." 

Oliver made a noise and exhaled slowly. He walked to the driver's seat and entered.

  As they neared the third hour of their presents there, everything seemed fine. Barry had learned some about Oliver's daily and vice versa, as well as getting to know Oliver just a bit more. Oliver picked up another glass of champagne and took a sip from it." Honestly, this has to be one of my best nights ever. At least top seven," Barry exhaled.

Oliver turned to comment on Barry's reply. Instead, he accidentally elbowed Barry. Barry took a step back from the blow to balance himself. His shoes slipped on a small puddle and he went straight into the water fountain. Oliver looked back at him." Oh my god." He sat down his glass on a nearby table.

Barry came up and coughed up water. People began looking at them. Oliver took his hand and helped him out." Are you alright?" He snatched Barry's glasses from the water.

Barry nodded before he sneezed." I'm good," He assured.

Oliver looked at him for a few seconds then exhaled." Should we call it a night? I think I have a change of clothes in my car."

" That sounds good," Barry agreed.

Oliver helped Barry towards the car and stopped at the trunk. He pulled out a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants." They're clean," Oliver assured." I use them for football practice."

Barry rubbed his arm and nodded." Uh, where do you want me to change?"

Oliver blinked a few times then parted his lips." Probably in the car unless you want a bunch of people to watch you change."

Barry smiled slightly and took the clothes from Oliver's hands." I choose the car."

Barry opened the door and sat down inside. It took him a few minutes as the car was a bit more cramped than he expected. He opened the door and looked at Oliver who was standing there awkwardly." I'm finished."

" Right. Okay," Oliver nodded.

He got inside and started up the car. Oliver stopped in front of Barry's house. He adjusted his hands on the wheel." I'm guessing my grade isn't a good one. You know, pushing you into the water and everything," He told.

" Well, other than that you did pretty well. I'm gonna say, C plus." Barry chuckled.

As he looked up, Oliver leaned over and kissed him, cupping Barry's face. Barry raised his eyebrows and put his hands on Oliver's chest. Oliver pulled back and put his hands on the steering wheel." Im sorry, I shouldn't have. I," He trailed off.

Barry swallowed." No, uh. I mean, you have a girlfriend. Plus, that guy you like. This maybe was a bad idea." Oliver adjusted his hands on the steering wheel and stayed quiet." I'll see you Monday, Oliver."

Oliver exhaled then nodded." Monday," He repeated.

Before Barry stepped out he looked at Oliver." Was I the guy you like?" Barry wondered.

" No. It's someone else," Oliver shook his head.

" Who?" Barry asked.

No name came to Oliver. He parted his lips and without thinking said." Ray Palmer."

Barry nodded." I hope you get him them. I'll see you Monday," Barry repeated. Barry closed the door and watched Oliver drive off before he turned and walked into the house for the night.

Joe looked up from the TV." What happened to your clothes?" He wondered.

" I fell into a water fountain."

" And you're upset because," Joe trailed off, waiting for an answer.

Barry shrugged." Nothing. Good night, I guess. I'm heading to bed." 

" Alright," Joe said slowly and watched Barry walk up the stairs before shaking his head and looking back at the tv.