Chapter Eleven

Sitting his bowl in the sink, Barry turned to see Iris at the coffee pot. She looked at him and smiled some." Are you doing okay?"

" Yea. Joe said I could have a mental day off. He's going to take me to check on my dad then I'm coming back home," Barry informed." If Cisco asks, tell him I'm okay and I turned off my phone."

She nodded." Alright. Have a good day."

" You too."

Iris gave him a quick hug before returning to make her cup of coffee. Barry walked into the living room and stood by the door as Joe finished gathering his things. Barry opened the door for him then let himself walked through, closing it afterward. He got into the passenger seat and buckled up. 

Barry sat down next to his dad. He crinkled his nose, looking at Barry's black eye." What happened to you?"

" Nothing big. Just some jocks and the fact that I probably stole someone's boyfriend," Barry shook his head.

His dad smiled some." You have a boyfriend? Who's the lucky fellow?" 

Barry turned light pink and put his hands up." He and I aren't together like that. We just, happened to kiss and then his girlfriend found out. It's a big mess I don't want to get into right now. I need a break from it." 

" And this guy's nice to you?" 

" His name is Oliver. And he is." 

" Good. He has my approval to date you. Of course, when I meet him, you're going to need a second approval before I can truly trust this guy to date you." 

Barry chuckled and smoothed out his pants. He relaxed and leaned forward in his chair." How are you doing?" He asked in all seriousness.

" I'm perfectly okay. Nothing that can kill me," He waved off.

" It was pretty serious. Are you sure you're okay?" Barry questioned.

" I'm positive, Bear. Relax. Go home and have the day to yourself. You deserve it." 

Barry exhaled. He stood up and hugged him. His dad winced, hugging him back." No hugging," The officer chimed in.

Barry pulled back and nodded." Stay safe." 

" Back at you," He smiled.

Barry waved to him as he left. Joe looked at him." How is he?" He wondered.

" He says he okay," Barry assured.

Both of them exited before speaking up again."  Do you want anything to eat before I drop you off at home?" 

Barry pressed his lips together." Chicken nuggets and fries and a frosty from Wendy's, please." 

" Alright," He chuckled as they got to the car.

Barry smiled softly before getting in. Barry was taken to Wendy's then home. He sat his food by the couch before he changed into a pair of more comfortable clothes. He picked up the bag. The doorbell rang as Barry sat down on the couch. He sat the bag back down and wiped his hands. He peeped out the window. He opened the door and gave a small smile." Oliver. Hey."

" Hey, I just wanted to make sure you're doing okay. I know you don't want to see anyone and have any drama or anything like that. That's why you turned your phone off." Oliver held up the yellow carnation." Yellow is a healing color. I hope it helps." 

Barry smiled and took it." Thank you. I'm doing fine so far," Barry told." But, you do know that when you give someone a yellow carnation it means you don't like someone right?" 

" I did not know that. That's not what I mean with that flower." Oliver pressed his lips together. 

" I know," Barry assured. He crinkled his nose some." Wait, aren't you suppose to be in class? It's fifth period." 

" Yeah but our teacher usually just lets us do out own thing. Most of us have As in that class. I gave him twenty dollars and a pack of donuts to come here. I have like forty-five minutes," Oliver informed.

Barry smiled and leaned on the door. He ruffled his hair." As much as I would love to hang out with you, I want to finish my day alone. I can totally hang out with you tomorrow though if you want," Barry offered.

" Oh, I know. I'm not trying to intrude. I just was making sure you're okay," Oliver corrected.

" I'm okay, I promise," Barry reassured him with a smile.

Oliver smiled back." I'll see you tomorrow then." He started walking backwards towards his car to still face him.

" Oliver, the-"

Oliver tripped over one of the lights beside the sidewalk and fell into the flowerbed. Barry covered his mouth as he laughed. He took a few seconds then moved his hands to go help him. He helped him up." Are you alright?" 

" Fine. I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow." 

He gave a short smile to Barry then walked to his car. Barry watched as Oliver cursed himself then got in. Barry laughed to himself and walked back inside to eat.