Chapter Ten

Barry turned into the locker room to prepare for track practice. He stopped, seeing Laurel hugging with a girl. Tears were running down her face, ruining her makeup. Barry frowned slightly." Laurel, are you okay?" He wondered.

She looked at him. Her blood was boiling just from the sight of him." This is your fault," She shook her head." You're the reason Oliver and I split, isn't it?"

It wasn't hard to tell she was angry. Barry parted his lips." It was just a kiss, I swear," Barry assured.

She raised her eyebrows and moved closer towards him." You kissed him?"

Barry took a step back." I was," Barry began.

Two jocks walking up to them interrupted him." What's going on here?" One asked.

Laurel kept her eyes on Barry." He kissed Oliver. Now, Oliver doesn't want to be with me anymore," Laurel informed.

The jock put his arm around Barry's shoulders." Do you need me to hold him down while you hit him? I'm happy to do that for you," He offered.

" What?" Barry said, looking at him.

Laurel smiled slightly." I was wondering if you two would like to do it for me? I have to meet some of the girls at the mall in a few minutes."

" I'm up for that," The second jock chimed in.

Laurel looked at the girl behind her before they both left. The first jock shoved Barry towards the locker room. Barry stumbled in and turned towards him, his hands up slightly." Wait a minute, can we please just talk about this? I didn't really kiss him, he kissed me," Barry told.

" Allen, if we're being honest with each other right now, I don't really honestly care if he kissed you. I've personally had a bad week and this is just a chance to let off some steam," He commented.

He threw a punch towards Barry. Barry dodged it and hit the jock in the nose. The second jock grabbed Barry's arms and held him back. The first jock huffed a laugh before hitting Barry in the eye. Barry tried to lean forward but the second jock held him up. The jock got a few more punches in until Barry kicked in him the crouch. That when the jock laughed and straightened up after the pain subsided." Fiesty. I guess you need a timeout, Allen." 

He opened the nearest locker and they tossed him in, locking it afterward. Barry banged on the door." Hey, don't leave me in here bastard. Fight me like a man," Barry yelled.

" Did you hear something? It must be a ghost." The first jock shook his head." Come on." 

The jocks left the locker room as Barry continued to bang. He stopped as he heard his phone ring. He reached for his pockets. Nothing. His eyes looked through the slits in the locker and sat his phone laying on the floor. Caller: Joe West. Barry exhaled and leaned against the cold metal. It wasn't until he was there, for what felt like hours, when an idea popped into his head. He moved his lips to the slits of the door." Hey Siri, call Cisco Ramon."

" Calling Caitlin Snow," The phone responded.

" Good enough," Barry mumbled to himself.

The phone rang until it stopped." Hello, Barry. Did you need something?" Caitlin answered.

" I'm stuck in the locker room. Grab a coach on your way here," Barry told.

" Barry, are you there?" Caitlin wondered.

Barry raised his voice." I'm stuck in the locker room. Grab a coach on your way here." 

" You're where?"

Barry heard the locker door open. He turned his head. He hit the door once hard." Hello?"

" Is there someone in here?" Diggle answered back.

" Someone locked me inside a locker," Barry informed.

Diggle laughed as he approached." Who locked you in a locker?" Diggle questioned. He took the lock in his hand easily unlocked it. 

Barry stepped out and picked up his phone, ending the call. Diggle stopped laughing." Woah, what happened to you?" 

" Nothing. I'm fine. I just want to go home now. I'm done for the day," Barry sighed.

He put his phone in his pocket and walked out before Diggle could say anything else. Barry picked up his bag and walked home. He slipped his hoodie out along the way and put it on to cover his face with the hood. Explaining black eyes to Joe was never a good thing. Joe would always go to the school the next day and complain and interrogate jocks until someone came clean about it. It was embarrassing and caused more bruises the next day. Barry got home pretty quickly considering he was pretty tired and hurt like a mothertrucker. 

He stepped into the house and closed the door behind himself." Bear, we need to talk," Joe informed.

" About what?" Barry wondered, trying to avoid eye contact as best as possible.

" The prison just called. Your dad was injured." Joe watched as Barry quickly looked at him." He's stable as far as I know. I called you earlier but you didn't respond." 

Barry swallowed and nodded. Joe exhaled." You look like you need a hug." 

Barry struggled to hold back his tears. He wiped one of his eyes with his sleeve." Yeah, I could use one." 

Joe came over and wrapped his arms around him." Why don't you go get cleaned up and comfortable then we can talk about what's going on? Sound good?" He suggested.

Barry pulled back with a nod and wiped the oncoming tears. He grabbed his bag and went upstairs.