Chapter Seven

Monday:

   Barry sat down next to Oliver in first. Oliver looked at him." Hey, did you call the cops on us Friday night?" He asked.

" No. I'm not a snitch," Barry shook his head." The police came?" 

" Yeah, some of the kids got taken in. Most of us got out in one piece though," Oliver informed.

Barry made a noise." Wow." 

He kept knowing from Oliver for now. He made a note in his head to tell him later about knowing they were coming. He watched Oliver shift in his seat some." Hey, and about the kiss, that meant nothing," Oliver told.

" I know. We were just playing a game," Barry agreed." What? Did you think that I meant it?" 

" No," Oliver quickly said." Just, stating the obvious." 

Barry shrugged and leaned back." Even if I did mean it, you aren't into me like that." 

" What makes you say that?" Oliver frowned.

" Because. You're all big boy hunky man and I'm just a basic nerd starter pack. Of course, I love being a nerd so it doesn't really affect me when I say that," Barry stated.

Before Oliver could talk Barry add, "Plus, you're into Mr. Mysterious. Who you won't tell me who it is by the way. Which offends me." 

" Why does it offend you? Haven't you heard of privacy?"

" Haven't you ever heard of telling your friends secrets? You know me enough to know I won't tell anyone." Barry nudged him.

" I've already told you no." Oliver's face was turning pink.

Barry whined." Please.  Just a tiny detail. Let me guess from it." 

Oliver sighed and adjusted himself in his seat again." Fine. He's  a year younger than me." 

Barry pressed his lips together." So, sixteen? That's like almost a hundred kids. I'm guessing half are girls. Then divide by two again to get bisexuals and gays. That's what? So, twenty-five. Then you can minus Cisco from the group because I know for a fact you don't like him like that and then me. Twenty-three." 

Oliver blinked a few times." Damn."  

" Yep," Barry chuckled as the bell rang.

Wednesday:

   Sitting on his bed, Barry stared at Oliver for a few seconds. Oliver frowned at him." What are you doing?"

" Trying to see how you like guys," Barry shook his head." You dress like you're from the Bachelor but you act like something else."

Oliver pushed him some." You said you were going to help. Not sass me," Oliver told.

" Hey, I could be watching RuPaul right now. Don't tempt me," Barry crossed his arms as Oliver furrowed his eyebrows." Iris got me into it. Don't judge me."

" Just help me. I'm begging you," Oliver breathed.

Barry put his hands in his lap." Fine. But it shouldn't be that hard. Dating a guy is like dating a woman. Except sex is different. Unless it's not. Then that relationship is kinda weird," Barry assured.

Oliver scratched his cheek." My past relationships haven't worked out well so much," He confessed." But I want to make this work."

" Okay. I guess the first thing you need to know is about their personality. Find out what they like without coming on too strong. Just try to bring it up in conversation," Barry told.

Barry put his hands together." Where would you take them as a first date and what would you order?"

" Fancy restaurant. I would order a steak and a glass on sparkling cider," Oliver answered.

" You're not a forty-year-old businessman, you're a seventeen year whose failed chemistry twice," Barry informed." Try to pick something based on their personality. For example, let's say I was taking you on a date. I would pick something fancy yet still fun. But if you can't figure anything out about them. Choose a place with a booth and greasy food. The arcade place is where most the high schoolers take their dates."

Oliver lifted his eyebrows some." Wow. That's actually not bad."

" Am I allowed to know this mystery guy who has you this way?" Barry asked.

Oliver pressed his lips together." I'm new at this. I don't want anyone to find out and tell him."

" On that note, I guess, what else do you need help with?" Barry wondered.

" Everything." Oliver dropped down into his bean bag chair.

Barry laid back against the bed and exhaled." Alright, you big idiot, we should start simple. The easy part first. Approaching your guy. This is going to be the easiest thing I'm going to teach you. You go up to him and start a conversation. When you find you're in a good place, ask the question."

Oliver rubbed his face." I understand that part. I can be smooth with that. I just get, you know. Like butterflies and stuff," Oliver told.

Barry sat up and looked at him." Swallow them."

Oliver laughed." Barry no."

Barry put a finger up." I just got an idea. Are you ready?" Oliver nodded once. Barry scooted forward." The only way to learn is by doing. So, I will help you with a fake date."

" Fake date," Oliver repeated.

" Yea, I'm going to the reopening of Star Labs this Friday. I was going to ask Cisco but this will be good for you," Barry informed." If you think it's weird please speak up now." 

" No.  No.  This,  is okay.  A fake date, " Oliver agreed.

Barry smiled." Good, I'll send you the details later."