Chapter One

John's POV:

College. Yay.
I texted my friend, Hercules Mulligan, to help me bring all of my boxes up to my dorm, room 1776. Conveniently, his room was right across the hall from my room. He was in room 1777, with some French guy, Labaguette or something.

Two minutes later, he picked up half of my boxes at once and helped me bring them up.

I unlocked the door and looked in. My roommate wasn't there yet, so I plopped my boxes down and went down to get the rest of them.

Eventually, I put the last box down and fitted my turtle-patterned bed sheets onto my mattress.

Hercules went back to his dorm and I went to the bathroom to freshen up after the long car ride from South Carolina to Kings College in New York.

I heard the door open. That was probably my new roommate, Alexander Hamilton. I went to the door to see. In front of me stood a short guy with long hair pulled back into a messy bun. He had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, and he was wearing an oversized hoodie and skinny jeans. I hated to admit it, but my roommate was kinda cute.

"Hi. I'm John Laurens," I said.
"Alexander Hamilton," he replied quietly.

"Cool. Do you need help with anything?" I asked. He shook his head. "No. I'm fine."

"Ok." I went across the hall to Hercules's room and plopped down on his bed. He was putting his clothing away. "How's your roommate?" He asked, not looking up from organizing his pants.

"Kinda cute," I confessed. He rolled his eyes in reply. "How's yours?"
He sighed. "Not here yet."

"Oh. I'm going to Peggy's room." i jumped off his bed and made my way to her room.

"John!" Peggy squealed when she saw me. "How was your summer?" Peggy was my best friend. Whenever my dad was being a b*tch to me, I would go to her house. She was the first person I told that I was gay. I would trust her with my life.

"Same as always. My dad's a d*ck. Too bad you weren't home for the summer." I replied. I sighed dramatically. "Anyway, who's your roommate?"

"Her name is Maria Lewis. She's really nice, actually, but her boyfriend is James Reynolds. How's Alexander? Is he cute?"

"Yeah, but he's probably straight."
"Don't be so negative." Peggy punched me lightly. "Maybe he's gay. You never know."

Alex's POV:

Ships are terrible. I got seasick on the way to New York, and I don't have that much extra cash.

I bought an old laptop on the way to Kings College, and I'm really excited to start class. I can finally move on from what happened in the Caribbean, and I plan on starting afresh. In New York, I can be a new man.

When I got to my dorm, I opened the door, and saw that my roommate had already put some of his things away. I noticed turtle linen and a small stuffed turtle on a pillow. He must like turtles.

Someone walked out of the bathroom, and I immediately noticed an adorable freckled face and curly hair. The man was way taller than me. I hated to admit it, but my roommate was kinda cute. He had on a light blue t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He had light brown eyes, and soft looking lips. No, Alexander! You just met him! He's probably straight!

"Hi. I'm John Laurens," he said.
"Alexander Hamilton," I responded quietly.
He asked if I needed any help, which I didn't, then left.

Thank God he did, or he would've seen my hands shaking as i set everything up and opened my laptop to write. Whenever something happens, I write it down. That's how I got to America in the first place.

Somehow, I managed to write nineteen pages on how beautiful John Laurens was. I didn't even realize what I was writing about until I finished. Too bad he was probably straight.